BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been fun trying to get insurance for my new B5 Touring. Some insurers just don't cover any Alpinas at all (e.g. Admiral), none have the B5 on their lists yet (not surprisingly) and the range of premium quotes I've had so far go from £1600 to £3500.

Best quote so far is from Chaucer Insurance (a Lloyd's insurer which writes through brokers).

·
Banned
664 Posts
Take it you've tried most of the favorites - have you seen the thread about it on my site ?

Have you tried Privilege ?

Your current quotes are a bit scary ! to say the least

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am with Churchill, they were by far the cheapest, £400 cheaper than tesco and £900 cheaper than Privilege who I was with before!!!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Norwich Union Club Insurance seems to work well for me. £550 p.a. for my B10 V8 Touring. Not bothered to check yet for the B5 quote as it is unlikely to be delivered until November. Alpina are behind on deliveries already!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I have the problem that (a) I'm only turning 30 on Friday and (b) I have several cars, and full NCB on only one of them - only some insurers will take the full NCB on my other car into account when quoting on the B5...

Alpina/Sytner are still telling me mid-late Oct for my car.

·
Registered
240 Posts
First B10 saloon was delivered last week. Mine was originally promised for December "but could be earlier" and was the second UK Touring ordered. I seem to recall they were going to make them in batches, but I could be wrong. Alpina are already a month behind production schedule as first UK cars were due 1 August. Not personally bothered by the delay as I continue to enjoy my existing car and I want to get it to 80k.

New Evo review of B5 due shortly - journalist delivered Frank Sytners' car for him and did a review of the journey, Buchloe to Monaco. Seems it was well liked.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heuer said:
First B10 saloon was delivered last week.
Freudian slip??? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts