I recently called my BMW dealer inquiring about an extended warranty for my 2002 which is due to expire in a few months. Heres what the finance manager told me:
- BMW warranty is only available to the ORIGINAL owner (I'm the 2nd owner)
- For non original owners they use a 3rd party provider www.sgiservices.com
- For the top coverage "platinum" the cost for 5yrs/100k TOTAL mileage is approx $3800. No deductible, everything except wear and tire items are covered
- is the dealer correct that BMW warranty is good for original owners only?
- Does it seem odd that the dealer is using a 3rd party and couldnt I just go directly to them vs the dealer?
- Is $3800 "reasonable"?