BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose I've been relatively lucky, as my M5 has been pretty much creak free.. until recently. I had my front cupholders (&*%&*%^) replaced by the dealer, and now there is an annoying creak coming from the HVAC control panel. Whenever I hit a bump or accelerate quickly, the **** HVAC panel creaks... also whenever I touch one of the buttons the whole panel creaks. Very annoying!! grrrrrrr I can replicate the creak by pushing firmly on the panel (it moves in about 1-2 mm and creaks like crazy ). Not too crazy about taking it back to the dealer, as they gouged my leather center console (which they repaired after I complained).

Any suggestions or BTDT? I am thinking about pulling the panel out and applying some lithium grease.. but I have no idea how to remove the panel

·
Registered
184 Posts
That's my only creak as well, although mine is pretty minor. I only notice it if my windows are up and my stereo is off. I haven't found any DIY fix for it so I'm taking it in for service this Friday. I'll post their fix afterwards.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Took my car in a day early and I'm happy to report the creak is gone. They removed the control panel and applied "seal glide" (some sort of grease/lubricant) to the contact areas. My SA said that some of the cleaing products that detailers use can get into seams and dry out lubricants causing friction and therefore creaks.

I also had them "fix" the few other things that were annoying me - I had them turn off my daytime running lights, set my locks to unlock all at once from the remote (rather than selective unlocking of just the driver door), and set my locks to automatically lock once I start driving.

WannaM5 said:
That's my only creak as well, although mine is pretty minor. I only notice it if my windows are up and my stereo is off. I haven't found any DIY fix for it so I'm taking it in for service this Friday. I'll post their fix afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts