BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As is the norm, I finally got through after weeks of waiting. But hey, it allowed me to do a lot of reading and already feel educated.

2 weeks ago I purchased a 2008 Silverstone M5 with SMG.

Loving it so far. 78K which is about 48,000 miles so not bad and still has 1.5 yrs on an extended warranty. Which reminds me, I need to follow up with the dealer on. I have to admit this Silverstone color is unique and classy.

I'm in Montreal, Canada. Looks like I'll have to drive her this winter but next season I'll pick up a 2nd car again, just a hard sell with the wife right now. I'll steal her X5 when I can.

I previously had a Nissan 370Z 40th Anniversary which I loved to death and was hard to let go. I have to admit, this car is such a beast that its getting easier and easier to forget as the days go on :haha:

I think its actually comical how quickly the gas dries up on this car but that's the only negative. Can only get 94 octane at one gas station chain here.

Have a couple things already coming in:

-20w Angel Eyes from Trinity Autosport
-15mm spacers for the front
-Gloss Black front grills

The car actually has the Borla exhaust on it which I only realized after purcahse, it sounded stock, its so quiet so will have to do something to open that up for now. I thought I'd really be missing manual but the paddles are pretty fun.

And for sure I have some good plans over the winter, I love me some Carbon Fiber

Haven't taken many pics of the M5 yet, but finally this weekend we can have some quality alone time! Seems like a classy Forum here so looking forward to participating :cool:

Sean

My Z I sold 3 weeks ago

The M

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I do not see Blizzak's on your purchase list, you will need them since the electronics can only work with some measure of traction, summer performance tires slide easily even on dry pavement on a cold Canadian winter day.

I am at a similar stage you were 3-weeks ago, need to decide what to sell to make my E60 purchase.

Welcome to the m5board.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not see Blizzak's on your purchase list, you will need them since the electronics can only work with some measure of traction, summer performance tires slide easily even on dry pavement on a cold Canadian winter day.

I am at a similar stage you were 3-weeks ago, need to decide what to sell to make my E60 purchase.

Welcome to the m5board.
Thanks!

Yes, winter tires are a top priority, need something excellent. I've never been a fan of driving RWD in winter (although it can be fun)

I imagine it will be the worst thing to drive without the best tires possible, our winters are nasty...hopefully I'll only use it on days when I must do the daycare pick up for our 3 year old.

Parting with a car you love is hard, but again, the E60 M5 is pretty damn AMAZING

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Welcome to the board, the Z looks mean! Im sure youll enjoy the M more....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts