BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congrats to Ryan Dalziel and the #2 SAMAX Dinan-powered Daytona Prototype for their first win at Laguna Seca today :thumbsup: Long live the S62 :cheers:

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that what is powering the dinan cars.
-Yep, Dinan's "500hp" (rules restricted) S62. For a mere $100k :eek:

An S62 also powers the Automatic Racing M6 race car (tube frame, no actual commonality to a street M6) in ALMS. I forget who built it though, I think PTG.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Awesome! How many wins do they have now with this car/motor?
I wonder how that Z8 that got one of those motors is doing..

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yep.......

-Yep, Dinan's "500hp" (rules restricted) S62. For a mere $100k :eek:

An S62 also powers the Automatic Racing M6 race car (tube frame, no actual commonality to a street M6) in ALMS. I forget who built it though, I think PTG.
'Had the pleasure of witnessing/seeing Dinan's S62 engine developement/building shop when last visited their hdqtr's. No stone is left unturned. Their engine developement/testing dyno is a sight to behold.

A Dinan S62 powered DP car won at Holmstead (Miami) last year, too. Hopefully today will be the 1st in a long string of competitive races for this relatively new team. They're sure dedicated!! :cheers:

·
Registered
345 Posts
That was sweeeet !!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Awesome! How many wins do they have now with this car/motor?
I wonder how that Z8 that got one of those motors is doing..
-I believe it is the first for the SAMAX car, but it's their first season too.

Also, I think the M6 is in the Koni Challenge GT series, not ALMS. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Was watching the races today as well and when they interviewed the drivers I dont recall which one but he went out of his way to praise the Dinan engine...how bullit proof it was etc....it would also seem that there are a few more teams running the Dinan motor...Coyote chassis has them as well.
S

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
This is the third win for a Dinan engine in this series
Homestead, Mexico, Laguna Seca
Ryan did finish second in the last race at VIR, starting from the back and running up was impressive.

Atta Boy Ryan:applause:

·
Registered
3,605 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
This is the second time the RumBum car didn't finish, might be relying on the sponsor to much.
Fire this weekend and crashed in Mexico(Below)

If the Samax guys can keep this up they might give the Ganassi team a run.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is the second time the RumBum car didn't finish, might be relying on the sponsor to much.
Fire this weekend
I wouldn't blame mechanical failure for the fire though. He kept his speed across the sand trap so he wouldn't get stuck and the splitter nosed dived into the turf at the far end. I think the impact tore an oil line.

Seconds before that happened, I called my wife over to show her the "DINAN Powered" windshield decal and said "They are the same company that did stuff to our 3". Then he went flying into the dirt as we both cringed...

-D

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called my wife over just after the crash. "That cool DP car I told you I took a picture of at Bimmerfest? It's dead now" :sad1: But the driver escaped, and that's what matters most.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Congrats to Ryan Dalziel and the #2 SAMAX Dinan-powered Daytona Prototype for their first win at Laguna Seca today :thumbsup: Long live the S62 :cheers:
+1 saw the whole race what a great run by Samax came from way back.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Riley/Mathews builds the chassis for the M6 GT and most of the DP class.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The motor and car seem to be set up great right now since they have Three Top Five Finishes in those cars this season including this win.

Congrats to Dinan and the motor dept.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Anyone know how the DP modified S62 powerband compares to the stock version.:dunno:

Obviously it makes more power but I am curious where in the rev range it does this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts