BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all... i want to upgrade the fogs on my car to Xenons.. i know there are a few different places that do them.. would like some recommendations,

would i have to change the Xenon head lights also?

any info would be fantastic.

cheers.
Gar

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Fog lights are independent from headlights. I'm actually upgrading to xenon fogs right now.

I got an HID kit from Umnitza with an error cancelling module. It works like a charm.

Now, you might ask yourself why this needs error cancelling. When upgrading your fogs to xenon, the car detects a different kind of connection and it gives an error: "check front foglamps."

Or you can also get a regular ballast and do the error cancelling module with a DIY (the module is really a capacitor). I got this kit for $200 shipped. I chose 6000k and 35 watts.

Do a search on HID fogs, there's a whole bunch of threads about the subject with pictures. I'm installing these fog lights on projectors, as opposed to the OEM fog light housings.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Go with the new 55W Apexcone HIDs...no "check lights" warnings and no capacitors/resistors to deal with. Contact Eric @ supremepower for $$ (board sponsor as well...telll him Jeff w/ the M5 sent you.

www.supremepowerparts.com

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts