BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently sold my e60 for 2011 x5m

wondering if anyone is familiar with Down Pipes for the x5M -- offered a good deal and already have a Velos Tune on the car helping it to about 630 HP

curious if Down Pipes will help me out some more and if its worth it!

thanks
bob

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
Bob,

I think Activeautowerks offers the best bang for the buck on down pipes. Make sure Velos will give you a new tune for the downpipe. I spoke with another guy that strongly recommended the down pipe mod because of the HP pick up. I just don't know if I want to smell gas....but I am a sucker for power so I will do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just bought a 2012 X5M its still on truck coming home and i already bought velos downpipes I'm not waiting lol and probably a renntech tune asap

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't have an X5M, but I'm guessing you mean catless downpipes and depending on brand, probably +10-12HP from what I've read. Not sure >$1000K is worth it on downpipes for 10HP gain in a 630HP SUV. The most gains are from tune, CAI, down pipes, center pipes without resonator and then free-flowing exhaust. That's a major investment though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most hp and tq is the ecu tune hands down the catless Downpipes are $1700 I got them for 700 not bad price and your correct more or less its a 15 hp and tq gain but car does sound much better will. Will eventually do a race exhaust

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
congrats , that's one clean X , as mentioned above you need a tune for the downpipes that adapt more air flow and boost and don't worry the ECU is easy to tune unlike the M5 f10 . good luck

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i never got the catless downpipes for aseveral reason, but the Velos Tune is incredible.. had this pupp up to 155mph EASY shhh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts