BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I sold my e60 bc of having twins and bought an x5M --- question.. does anyone know if Down Pipes are worth adding to your car/ suv.. will it feel or make that much of a difference? I already have a Velos Tune which is great -- I have been offered a good deal to buy and don't know to much so I figured I may get some help from this board as I always have in the past!

thank you! picture should be uploaded of the x5

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Bob what an amazing machine you have. I also considered picking up an x5m for my wife. How do you like it?

If I'm not mistaken, your engine is similar to the f10 m5 and down pipes on that car make a difference in power/torque. I don't think enough people on this forum own and even modify their x5m to get an idea of this, but that's what I'd imagine. There's one in my neighborhood that sounds amazing but I've yet to ask him what he's done.

Dan

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Yes they make a big difference.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I second what Isaac said, catless downpipes will make a huge difference!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
considering
Have Velos Tune that Makes a HUGE difference

issue i have is its supposed to change exhaust sound.. hear turbo's more (i don't want that)
issue of smell of gas at idle (again don't want that)

I bought this car from a guy that had all these tunes to the car -- and I love it
I sold my e60 M5 bc i was having twins so I got 2012 750xi Sport --- Large old man's car
so wife had X5, i liked it, so i was going to keep the 2008 4.8i sport and get her 2013
well i got her white 2013 sport, then saw what I thought to be a deal on the x5M so i pulled the trigger

some of the mods:
shoot can't find the darn list now.. if you want let em know and I'll dig deeper for it.. but it has a good amount of mods --- I love the car/ truck
w Velos Tune 640 hp/ 620 torque!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here we go:

x5m - what else do I need

Full list of options:
Power tailgate
Comfort Access keyless entry Carbon Leather interior trim Driver Assistance Package Head-up Display
Rear View Camera with Top View
Automatic high beams Premium Sound Package iPod and USB adapter
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
Enhanced Premium Sound
Rear Climate Package
4-zone automatic climate control
Stage 2 Velos Tune (increase 80-90 hp & 110-125 torque)
21” Style 215 rims $$
LED Upgrade to the entire Interior of Car
Headlight adjusted for more of Bright White
Puddle Light on all 4 Doors
K &N Air Flow
Painted OEM MudFlaps on all 4 tires
Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber front Lip
IND Black reflectors
Monte Carlo RED Side Grill
Black Front Grill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts