BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or is that a curse word here.

I have a 2006 4.4 and a 2007 4.8 and would happily sell my 4.4 for the soon to be released 3.0D. Just wondering if any of our European friends can comment on the power / weight versus say the 3.0 gasoline engine nad then obviously torque which is going to be HUGE versus the 4.4.

Any thoughts from the US also happily entertained.

TIA...

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
WOW, someone actually wrote something in the X5 forum.....Great thanks.....YES diesel 3.0 liter , I'm buying one can't wait, sounds great 400 lbs torque, wow such pulling power....can't wait, you?
I have an Imola Red 4.8is, i love it but it is a 2006, and want to upgrade it...to the 3.0 liter diesel and will be picking it up at Spartonburg, to do the free driving school , they put you up , nice been there twice for driving schools.........great time.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.. the torque is what is appealing to me too. So I am thinking that as soon as my dealer gets their butt in gear I will do the swap.. 4.4 for the 3.0D ..

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I would seriously consider this for my next vehicle if the MPG is really good.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jerry! agreed.. Take care !

·
Registered
464 Posts
Any info on price point yet? With diesel so much higher than gas (at least in silly Cali), it may actually be justifiable to go with the 4.4 Turbo V8.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I dont know on the price point but I believe the combined MPG of the diesel is going to be around 18-19. Our 2008 4.8 is getting about 12.5 MPG so if the price of entry were equal between the cars the only other variable is the cost of fuel. Where I am diesel is more expensive than premium gas- I just dont remember by how much.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
ordering a X5 3.0 TT...next thurs. 465lbs. torque.........265hp.....who cares....chip time to 397- 423hp. and better mileage.....a killer with 21" 385 rears 285 fronts.......ya baby...hud and loaded............................white with black wheels.

·
Registered
568 Posts
ordering a X5 3.0 TT...next thurs. 465lbs. torque.........265hp.....who cares....chip time to 397- 423hp. and better mileage.....a killer with 21" 385 rears 285 fronts.......ya baby...hud and loaded............................white with black wheels.

This X5 will do well in the market. I am sure DINAN and other tuner will have ECU upgrade available soon.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
X5 TT ordered factory pick up...loaded, can't wait Black Saphire beige trim , walnut wood.... most all bells and whistles.....August pick up.....still a 2009 model, which i wanted...80 grand.........close to it.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Pick up at factory....Aug 4th....doing the X5 school.........I want my wife to understand it's capabilities...it will be hers. Then a nice ride home....900 miles

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Anyone have the April 2009 wholesale prices??? I found an earlier one (Jan I think)

Crazy pricing... Seems everyone is at Invoice or within $1000, BEFORE you look at incentives. and BMW just announced a trunk cash of $4500!

But I think I need to order it, she wants Platinum Bronze, and basically everything except Ventilated seats and Comfort access. (Premium, Tech, Sports, Sound, Rear, Heated, ipod)

A

·
Registered
669 Posts
For those who want a more powerful diesel, BMW is suposedly working on a Tri Turbo 354bhp diesel straight six.

The 2010 35d in europe will also be upgraded to 306bhp, from 286.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
For those who want a more powerful diesel, BMW is suposedly working on a Tri Turbo 354bhp diesel straight six.

The 2010 35d in europe will also be upgraded to 306bhp, from 286.
'tri turbo diesel' in the US is slated for 2011.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just jumped on the X5 35D bandwagon myself.
Made the deal 2 days ago, picked it up yesterday.
2009 Alpine White / Beige, Premium & Technology Pkgs, Running Boards, Sirius radio, Ipod adapter, and Comfort Access. No Sports package though :(
Timing couldn't have been better: it was the last Alpine White X5 35D in Houston, I had to find my wife a new car before Friday, and I happened upon a Bimmerfest forum thread about the $4500 rebate (Ard contributed to that thread also).
The breakdown:
$1000 over invoice + MACO and training, - $4500 rebate, then TTL, and then I will receive the $1000 BMWCCA rebate.
A calculation of an MSRP final sales price - my final total sales price saved approximately $10000. I'm one happy dude. When my wife came home and first saw it (she had previously test driven an X5 only once) she was a little intimidated by the size, but after driving it to the store and back, she seemed pretty comfortable.
I'm driving the car for 2 days while my M5 is in the shop w/ an SES light (Code read Bank 1 running rich) and am lovin' it! Still in break-in period though. Will turn it over to her on Friday when I get my beast back.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Glad it worked out- saw your post there too. I just heard mine will be done mid August....

:)

A

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Anyone have a recommendation for a decent X5 forum (where the vast majority of posters aren't mouth breathers....)

Thx

A

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
It's sweet it's called the X5 35d..............

·
Registered
174 Posts
Finally drove the X5 diesel this afternoon. Seamless torque once moving but incredibly FLAT right on the bottom like the Grand Cherokee diesel (and probably like any other diesel) I drove a couple months ago. Takes a second after stomping on the pedal to get moving then you feel it twisting the tread off the Michelins . . . . Power roll-ons at 80mph felt strong and this car loves altitude. Towing over 10,000 foot passes would be incredible I'm guessing. Will need a bit more seat time to figure out if this would be a good daily driver; that dead spot on accelation is substantial (transmission driver adaption over time would help?). 21.1mpg during a spirited test on a 10K mile X5 . . . . I've never seen that mileage on our 4.4 X5.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
1500 miles.....mileage keeps getting better !!! tons of torque, my wife loves it and she likes the HUD....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts