BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work on a BMW Dealership on Puerto Rico, this X5 was flooded by some hard rain we had a couple of month ago on Puerto Rico, all was damage including computers and all interior....... So insurance company decide to do this to the X5... was a total show for the people working there see enjoy but cryyy as i do ..........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Dammit, I would have taken the wheels

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
What a waste..........insurance co's suck.........

Reactions: M V10

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
WTH, you could have parted some of it out! Like the wheels......

·
Registered
493 Posts
what a waste, there was so many good usable parts on the car. So much for going "green" now we know why our planet is f***ed. Big corporations dont give a **** about our earth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I totally agree on the "Green Issue".
SUV's get such "stick" for not being Green but at least by recycling these parts and giving older cars a new lease of life, we can reduce our carbon footprint because now BMW or other car companies have to produce another car.
Is the Green Issue getting through to Corporations? Obviously not. CEO must have been dropped on his head at birth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes...
The following could have been recycled:

1/ Wheels & Tyres
2/ Anything Metal - door skins, bonnet, trunk, wings etc!
3/ Leather
4/ Seats
5/ Dashboard - Maybe the non electrical parts
6/ Glass
7/ Some Engine Parts
8/ Gearbox
9/ Suspension Components
10/ The entire shell.

Anything else? I'm sure I missed loads.....??????

·
Registered
477 Posts
what was the issue in the first place? I couldn't see an obvious damage - was the engine broke?

·
Registered
931 Posts
what was the issue in the first place? I couldn't see an obvious damage - was the engine broke?
It had a flood damage (Wasserschaden:blink:)

·
Registered
931 Posts
1.) I think the reason that they haven't use any spare parts out of it is, that it happend in puerto rico. I guess it was one of only few 4.8 X5 there.

2.) The people who could afford such a car don't buy used parts, they just order some parts a the local BMW dealership if there are any problems with the car.

3.) The insurance isn't selling any parts as far as I know, so there was nobody who wanted to buy it, so what should they do with it:dunno:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Damn those pictures are depressing! Certainly there are parts on that car which could have been sold off.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
884 Posts
Those pics are hard to look at, what I dont understand is that car had salvage value to the insurance company and since all they give a sh!t about is the $ this does not make sense.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Can't look at the pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts