BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are several options for the X pipe modification. Supersprint probably being the most popular. Now, Evosport has come out with one. Any recommendations? Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try Tubi or Eisennman.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
A x pipe thread search yielded 380 threads in the e60 forum.....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the search, I just wanted some information under a specific thread instead of clicking on 200 or so different threads.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Changing the X-pipe will make the exhaust note more noticeable. Personally, the more important thing is to make sure that the fitting is as good as the stock pipe.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am most likely either going with the Eisenmann race or Corsa so just trying to decide what would be my best option.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am most likely either going with the Eisenmann race or Corsa so just trying to decide what would be my best option.
I have Eisennman X-pipe with Tubi on mine and it sounds great! Fitting is good for the E X-pipe but I had to cut a few inches shorter to avoid the Tubi sticking out from the rear bumper too much. I am not sure if this will be the case with the Eisennman exhaust.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know there are several options for the X pipe modification. Supersprint probably being the most popular. Now, Evosport has come out with one. Any recommendations? Thank you.
From personal experience, you can build one at a muffler shop for 1/3 of the cost. Take out the secondary cats & resonators and replace it with 3" from the cats to the X-pipe. Then 2 1/2" from X to muffler clamp. Muffler shops carry the 12" X connectors. It's important to get rid of the H-pipe that is semi hidden by a bracket. If you are confused on the difference's between a
X and H pipes, PM me and I'll tell you. Some of the Xpipe set ips only delete the resonators. Screw that!!! If anyone says I'm wrong, I'd like to know how I went from 12.4 to 12.1 in the 1/4? BTW, i've had this xpipe for over a year with zero problems.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I got eisenmann... probably the cheapest out if the bunch... ran me around $460 shipped...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
From personal experience, you can build one at a muffler shop for 1/3 of the cost. Take out the secondary cats & resonators and replace it with 3" from the cats to the X-pipe. Then 2 1/2" from X to muffler clamp. Muffler shops carry the 12" X connectors. It's important to get rid of the H-pipe that is semi hidden by a bracket. If you are confused on the difference's between a
X and H pipes, PM me and I'll tell you. Some of the Xpipe set ips only delete the resonators. Screw that!!! If anyone says I'm wrong, I'd like to know how I went from 12.4 to 12.1 in the 1/4? BTW, i've had this xpipe for over a year with zero problems.
Wow. I didnt know you could expect any real performance from the x-pipe swap. I was told that its pretty much just going to increase dB. Would most people say they noticed a similar improvement?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts