BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I'm french. Excuse me for my english ??????

I want instal in my M5 e60 only a Xpipe (hartge or supersprint).
All rest of hexaust stock.

which changes I will have compared to before ? (noise and acceleration)

Thanx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Francois, I have the Supersprint X-pipe and typically it adds a little more depth and intensity to the sound of the exhaust. As far as performance goes i am not sure it is enough to take note of simply by driver feel when it is added along with the exhaust. Hope this helps. And you can do a "search" on the topic of exhausts if you would like. Murph in the ATL

·
Registered
646 Posts
I went with the simple resonator removal at my local custom fabricattion shop. HP gains are modest (4 -5 HP) but the exhaust note is deeper, richer and slightly louder. The original cross over pipe and cats remain intact so there is no warranty issues.

More: No video or sound clips, sorry. The stock "X" or "H" crossover is still intact before the resonator. I highly recommend this "mod" The sound is very pleasing and not at all annoying at crusing speeds, but definately noticable when you accelerate hard. I paid $200. at a local cuctom shop that specializes in stainlees stell exhaust work for hot rods and motorcycles. They did a great and very clean job. Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Is there a sound difference with different x-pipes? i.e. does the supersprint x-pipe sound different than the eisenmann x-pipe with the stock mufflers?

·
Registered
142 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
I paid $200. at a local cuctom shop that specializes in stainlees stell exhaust work for hot rods and motorcycles. They did a great and very clean job. Good Luck.
Nice. For those of us in SoCal, can you provide the name of the shop?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Abruzzi,

This sounds like a great mod for those worried about the sound of an Eisenmann being too loud, the cost associated with an aftermarket exhaust, and any warranty issues.

Do you have the ability to record the sound of the car from the outside while rev'ing the engine? Also, is there any resonance in the cabin at any RPM?

Thank you,

Darren

·
Registered
605 Posts
Does the Xpipe change the "pitch" of the exhaust at all? Deeper or Higher Pitched?
Evan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts