BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the x-pipe and Eisenmann setup & it's clanking like crazy! I jacked up the car and couldn't figure out where to put the spacers that will create extra clearance for the x-pipe to move vertically. It seems to me that the x-pipe actually fastens to an exhaust bumper on either side and is held in place with bolts through the cross member. So why all the dang clanking? What did you guys do to fix it with spacers?

PM me please & thanks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have the a similiar set up Keleners and SS Xpipe, and I have no clunking, so I am unclear to as your exact problem, Josh

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
ALEV8 said:
I have the x-pipe and Eisenmann setup & it's clanking like crazy! I jacked up the car and couldn't figure out where to put the spacers that will create extra clearance for the x-pipe to move vertically. It seems to me that the x-pipe actually fastens to an exhaust bumper on either side and is held in place with bolts through the cross member. So why all the dang clanking? What did you guys do to fix it with spacers?

PM me please & thanks.
If you put up some digi pics, maybe someone here can spot what the problem is.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Maybe a strange question, but is it possible that it's upside down? There's a flat on the X-Pipe that's supposed to be pointed toward the cross member, IIRC...

Good Luck!

·
10,459 Posts
i had a little rattling noise with mine. Went away once things got warmed up. I put a couple of washer in between the x pipe and the crossmember to move it slightly away from the body and all was good. I've heard of others with the x pipe and tubi's needing to do this.
Mike

·
Registered
540 Posts
M-Fünf said:
Maybe a strange question, but is it possible that it's upside down? There's a flat on the X-Pipe that's supposed to be pointed toward the cross member, IIRC...

Good Luck!
looking at the pic, it appears the brackets dictate the orientation. I doubt the subframe connectors could be bolted back up if the xpipe were upside down.

I had no issue with clanking, just outrageous music.

al

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts