BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone done a before and after dyno when installing the x-pipe?

i have seen guys say it doesnt gain any power but i installed mine yesterday on my S2 and it feels slightly stronger in the midrange and it sound quite nasty :M5launch:

has anyone tested this?

Ryan

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I noticed the same thing you are describing. I think it makes it sound meaner but i would hesitate to say it gained anything. Maybe a bit of time due to weight savings.

Mike

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See I know it sounds better but It really feels better as well. Not huge or drastically but the mid range feels more responsive.

I think i am going to throw it on the dyno and see if there is a gain. I know it isnt the best way or even an accurate way to test but it may show a difference through the power band.

I was very impressed when i looked at the X-pipe and the quality. The pipes are all mandrel bent and the welds are top notch. The stock pipe coming from the cat reduce the pipe diameter but atleast an 1/8 all the way around. I cut that off and installed the X-pipe. When i compared the stock resonater to the x-pipe you can see how it would possibly make small gains do to the pipe diameter/ and smoothenss compared to the stock resonator.

Again I am very impressed with the quality and fitment of the x-pipe.

It does sound quite a bit different than the just the s2 set up but still not and obnoxious mustang or camareo sound.

I am happy, dyno to come....

Ryan
Ryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts