BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

X-pipe and eisenmann rear mufflers

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Hamann09 
#1 ·
Anybody that knows if a supersprint X-pipe fits on eisenmann rear mufflers without extreem welding/corrections ?

What to expect....advice about this future purchase welcome, but I like the sound....
V pipe
:M5launch:

OO-----OO

Beastpower soundfiles....lol

G
#3 ·
xtraM said:
Anybody that knows if a supersprint X-pipe fits on eisenmann rear mufflers without extreem welding/corrections ?

What to expect....advice about this future purchase welcome, but I like the sound....
V pipe
:M5launch:

OO-----OO

Beastpower soundfiles....lol
Great combo that I used to have on my M5. Sounds great, especially at high RPMs. Pretty standard install.

Cheers, Daniel.

#4 ·
No big difficulties so.

Very well website Beastpower, shame that it takes such long time, to load over here.
How about the sound inside the car? Not too loud ?
Not irritating when driving a constant speed for a longer period (few hours)?

XtraM

G
#5 ·
xtraM said:
No big difficulties so.

Very well website Beastpower, shame that it takes such long time, to load over here.
How about the sound inside the car? Not too loud ?
Not irritating when driving a constant speed for a longer period (few hours)?

XtraM
Thanks for the positive feedback. The site was slow the last day or so. It should be much faster now.

Regarding the sound, it is most enjoyable when you are in a "driving mood," and really want to play with the car. Unfortunately, if you are tired, and coming home late after a long day at work, or if you are taking friends out to a formal dinner or event, then you may be a little irritated by the loud sound. There is a slight resonance that can be both heard and felt inside the cabin at around 2,300 RPM, but I personally did not find it too annoying.

Overall, it sounds great, and that is a big plus, as for the minus, some accept it while others don't. There is a reason why the Tubi is so popular.

Cheers, Daniel.

#6 ·
Agree with Daniel, its sometimes a shame that the exhaust doesnt have a 'quiet' switch next to the sport button!!!

I have eisenmann race (76mm straight cut) and xpipe....

-when on choke its overpowering, but soon calms down and is stock on idle.
-annoying if you boot it in high gear at low speed, (eg, 25mph in 4th etc)
-AWESOME when going for it, especially with sunroof open! :haha:

a vid clip of mine is on Daniel's site, heres another from a recent meet

http://195.172.152.75/pics/mm/eisen.MPG

Let me know if any other Q's
cheers
Foxy :M5launch:

#7 ·
Great setup but very loud (which may be a good thing depending on what you want). Pretty basic install but as 'Rocket stated, you usually have to trim the front portion of the x pipe a cuple inches for proper fitment with reagrds to aligning the rear exhuast tips with the bumper indentation.

#8 ·
Getting doubts now.....I'm not seeking for a very, very loud setup,..lol.
Gonna listen again to some soundfiles of beastpower.

**** how difficult...

Full supersprint, x pipe and mufflers is easy mounted.....hmmm.

Like the remus sound also, deeptone is that.

XtraM

#9 ·
xtraM said:
Getting doubts now.....I'm not seeking for a very, very loud setup,..lol.
Gonna listen again to some soundfiles of beastpower.

**** how difficult...

Full supersprint, x pipe and mufflers is easy mounted.....hmmm.

Like the remus sound also, deeptone is that.

XtraM
You can just install the exhaust only without the X-pipe. It was too mild for me so I added the X-pipe.

#10 ·
BeastPower said:
Overall, it sounds great, and that is a big plus, as for the minus, some accept it while others don't.
Daniel hits the nail on the head. 90% of the time, I LOVED it. 10% of the time, I HATED it. Like all things in life, your choices are merely compromises depending on your current priorities and only you can answer that question. Best of luck, Kevin

#13 ·
eisenmann and xpipe apparently give zero power increase, but will save u 100lbs in weight, so gains maybe felt in the buttometer (i did!)

Board member Tin gained 50 odd hp with SS headers, Gruppe M intakes and Kelleners Camshafts/software etc...

Interesting to see any before and afters from the dyno.
cheers
foxy :M5launch:

#15 ·
Xtram,

Basically, you will not see any power with a new exhaust if it's a stand alone modification. The exception is the Tubi catback, and Supersprint catback, where gains of anywhere from 6-10hp have been seen, I beleive. By addding headers and software, the new mufflers may play a greater role in helping reduce back pressure. The combination of headers, mufflers, and software has been a very succesful one for many board members. There are a bunch of dyno sheets floating around and testimonials to support this.

Please don't hesitate to contact us for any questions or concerns on certain products.

Happy Holidays,

Travis

#16 ·
Regarding noise, I have no unpleasant booming inside the car now (Kelleners and Supersprint) and it sounds close to stock on the motorway (inside) A distant Ferrari on full throttle at motorway speeds, fabulous.

The answer ? I lined the boot and rear seat with dynomat extreme which damps out the panel resonance, it is dense and thin, probably added only a few kg in actual weight (3kg's at a guess). There is no visible evidence and the car interior looks stock, it is all hidden away under carpets etc. It's also easy to do a very neat job with this stuff ;)

The only time the interior is at all boomy is on the start up cycle

#17 ·
Carrera2RS said:
Regarding noise, I have no unpleasant booming inside the car now (Kelleners and Supersprint) and it sounds close to stock on the motorway (inside) A distant Ferrari on full throttle at motorway speeds, fabulous.

The answer ? I lined the boot and rear seat with dynomat extreme which damps out the panel resonance, it is dense and thin, probably added only a few kg in actual weight (3kg's at a guess). There is no visible evidence and the car interior looks stock, it is all hidden away under carpets etc. It's also easy to do a very neat job with this stuff ;)

The only time the interior is at all boomy is on the start up cycle
Carrera,

Do you have any pictures of your Dynamat installation? I was looking at the trunk and wondering how to install it since we have so much covering and stuff in the trunk.

Thanks,

Najeeb

#18 ·
BeastPower said:
There is a slight resonance that can be both heard and felt inside the cabin at around 2,300 RPM, but I personally did not find it too annoying.
Hello, my M5 has double glazing, and I travel a lot,
about 2000km per month in highways.

Will there be a noise problem in highspeed having
the eisenmann race exhaust with the SS X-pipe?

#19 ·
Hamann09 said:
Hello, my M5 has double glazing, and I travel a lot,
about 2000km per month in highways.

Will there be a noise problem in highspeed having
the eisenmann race exhaust with the SS X-pipe?
You'll be fine, any throttle below 2k rpm can be boomy, but dropping a cog clears that up straight away - there was never any boomyness or annoying noise for motorway >2k rpm. 3k rpm on medium throttle (cruising) was always fine.
Good luck!

#20 ·
I have the Eisenmann race/Xpipe combo and love it. It's loud when you want it to be, sounds like a Ferrari at the top end. But it's also mellow just cruising at 80 in 6th. Good combo in my eyes.

Reactions: thevintage
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.