BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Wurth make a great product. We have been using Wurth products at my work for a number of years. Honestly, if your leaking oil, you should replace the seal/gasket. This type of stuff is not a permanent fix, its more of a temporary fix, common for those people who need to fix a leak to sell a car.

Like i said before, valve cover gasket are a common leak on the S62, if yours are leaking i suggest replacing them. The only one id even bother would be valve stem seals, because they are not easily replaced. I suspect mine are worn, as i notice high consumption while heavy engine braking.

Anyways, I wouldnt bother putting this stuff in. Just keep a good synthetic oil in your engine (10W60 or whatever, not going to get into an oil debate again) and you'll be fine. I would not use all three at once either. Try one then try the other next oil change to see which one you like better.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Its not a trouble spot per say but as the mileage gets up there the valve covers do tend to weep, especially at the corners. Valve covers and rear main seal are the 2 oil leaks id say are the most common on the S62, or any motor for that fact lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.