BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi ~ guys ~

Safe driving always ~

I would like to know what you guys think about engine oil additive from WURTH. Anyone who has tried this , I would like some feed back.

I am only asking this because I know S62 engines are so complicated and needs to be well taken care of.

There are two products , first one is an Engine oil additive . It suposs to reduce the damage caused by running the engine when it is not

properly warmed up. Also reduces oil consumption and restores engine performance on high mileage engines.

Second one is WURTH Oil leak stop . What this does is , it helps to stops the oil leakage aroung the oil seal area ( I dont know where this place is.)

and increases the oil seal lifespan. In addition it says it helps the engine oil to maintain its oil vesocity during extream use.

Damn its complicated..... Is it possible to use all three of these at once ?? Or shall I just not use it and do another oil change, even though

I replaced by oil about 1800ML ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Wurth make a great product. We have been using Wurth products at my work for a number of years. Honestly, if your leaking oil, you should replace the seal/gasket. This type of stuff is not a permanent fix, its more of a temporary fix, common for those people who need to fix a leak to sell a car.

Like i said before, valve cover gasket are a common leak on the S62, if yours are leaking i suggest replacing them. The only one id even bother would be valve stem seals, because they are not easily replaced. I suspect mine are worn, as i notice high consumption while heavy engine braking.

Anyways, I wouldnt bother putting this stuff in. Just keep a good synthetic oil in your engine (10W60 or whatever, not going to get into an oil debate again) and you'll be fine. I would not use all three at once either. Try one then try the other next oil change to see which one you like better.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wurth make a great product. We have been using Wurth products at my work for a number of years. Honestly, if your leaking oil, you should replace the seal/gasket. This type of stuff is not a permanent fix, its more of a temporary fix, common for those people who need to fix a leak to sell a car.

Like i said before, valve cover gasket are a common leak on the S62, if yours are leaking i suggest replacing them. The only one id even bother would be valve stem seals, because they are not easily replaced. I suspect mine are worn, as i notice high consumption while heavy engine braking.

Anyways, I wouldnt bother putting this stuff in. Just keep a good synthetic oil in your engine (10W60 or whatever, not going to get into an oil debate again) and you'll be fine. I would not use all three at once either. Try one then try the other next oil change to see which one you like better.
Thank you for your comment . I guess it was not a such good idea to use all three products at once. ouich My car does not have any leakage, but I guess I should be prepared since it is common .

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Its not a trouble spot per say but as the mileage gets up there the valve covers do tend to weep, especially at the corners. Valve covers and rear main seal are the 2 oil leaks id say are the most common on the S62, or any motor for that fact lol.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not a trouble spot per say but as the mileage gets up there the valve covers do tend to weep, especially at the corners. Valve covers and rear main seal are the 2 oil leaks id say are the most common on the S62, or any motor for that fact lol.
Once again , thanks for the info ` I'll keep an eye on those spots ~!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts