BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of OEM e39 m5 wheels on the wagon and have been thinking about swapping with someone my rears for your fronts. I don't have the power an m5 has so the larger rears are not as much use to me, and I have heard some people like the large tires all around, so just putting a feeler out. My wheels are in good shape, with one wheel that has minor rash (but painted w/touch up, not very noticeable). Tires need to be replaced on all my wheels, so thus my reason for feeling this out now. Plus, I would like to be able to rotate once in a while to get a little more life out of them. Would want SOCAL local trade to make it easy for me. Most likely trade plus a few extra bux since the rears are more $$ than the fronts. If no interest by early next week, I will just keep them and get new tires.

Ory

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'd be all over this....except I'm in Michigan. I'm guessing you wont have a problem finding someone willing to trade locally.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i might be interested. one of my fronts has a decent size curb bash from the previous owner but it can be repaired. how much cash would you want as a bonus?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i might be interested. one of my fronts has a decent size curb bash from the previous owner but it can be repaired. how much cash would you want as a bonus?
I guess it depends. I would like to see a pic of the rash. I have no idea what it takes to get them repaired, and how they will match with OEM paint. I would also want to know what tires are on them and what condition they are in. I will be posting a pic of the wheel with slight rash later tonight. Where are you located? Perhaps we can meet up tomorrow if you are close. I am near the 5/405 merge.

·
Registered
481 Posts
sorry for the late response. i wish i would have seen this message earlier, i just got home from l.a. :sad1:

the curb rash is pretty bad on that one wheel, it is probably about half the size of your palm. it is repairable but that would probably be ~$170? tires still have a bit of thread on them, bfg kdw tires

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi there Firemanory,
I have a set of fronts for you and willing to trade. One rim has some bad curb rash, and the rubber is shot so let me know how that sounds to you. I am in San diego and you?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey if this is still open I'd be happy to drive up this evening & make the switch. My fronts are in good shape with only a few very minor scratches / marks. One has two small curb marks about an inch apiece. Tires are goodyear gsdw's or something like that. They're getting pretty worn, but still have some miles left in them. Let me know!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey I'm in Thousand oaks, malibu area and have 2 mint fronts for ya, tires are even still fairly new. Let me know if we can meet [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts