BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to trade my recently built custom exhaust for Dinan mufflers. It's made with mandrel bent stainless tubing with two Vibrant 1141 resonators and Timmay tips - essentially a very high quality muffler delete with small resonators to take the edge off.

I really enjoy the exhaust but I'm ready to go back to something quieter and really like the Dinan mufflers. I think this would be perfect for anyone on the fence about a full muffler delete as the resonators quite it down a touch and smooth out the tone. There is zero rasp or crackles, just very deep and smooth growl throughout the revs.

I'm only looking to trade right now but if I haven't found a deal after a couple weeks I will consider selling. Thanks for looking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtmAoz9dKY&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
529 Posts
Where in TX are you? I've been wanting to go with that resonator setup, and like the sound (currently have muffler delete). I don't have DINAN cans on hand unfortunately.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in central Austin, what part of town are you in? I'd be happy to meet up if you want to hear them in person.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a dinan exhaust I'd be willing to trade for this setup. What exactly would we be looking at as far as price goes for the trade? Also, I'm in PA.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does this setup have any drone at any rpm range while cruising?
No drone and the exhaust note is unnoticeable at cruising speeds (IMO). It's only when you get on it that you can start to hear an exhaust note inside the cabin. It has a deep and smooth tone <2k rpm that gradually increases in pitch and volume as the revs climb.

·
Registered
854 Posts
So say you're between 1.5-2k rpm cruising uphill under load. Doesn't have the ultra low bassy sound?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sale is pending. Thanks for the interest!

So say you're between 1.5-2k rpm cruising uphill under load. Doesn't have the ultra low bassy sound?
Replied to your PM but to answer this for others: it is very low and deep sounding under load at such low revs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts