BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title, looking for a round airbag for a 2001+ steering wheel.

Preferably in the UK, Europe as I would imagine the US ones will be different?

Cheers
-Steve

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Rampage said:
As title, looking for a round airbag for a 2001+ steering wheel.

Preferably in the UK, Europe as I would imagine the US ones will be different?

Cheers
-Steve
Hi Steve,

Try a search on www.ebay.co.uk, mine actually came from a 2002 E46 M3, which fitted on fine, round air bags are all the same, from 2001+, across the cars, 3/5/X etc. Failing that, try some of the breakers.. www.fabdirect.com and www.hills-motors.co.uk

Good luck
tin

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tin said:
Hi Steve,

Try a search on www.ebay.co.uk, mine actually came from a 2002 E46 M3, which fitted on fine, round air bags are all the same, from 2001+, across the cars, 3/5/X etc. Failing that, try some of the breakers.. www.fabdirect.com and www.hills-motors.co.uk

Good luck
tin

Tin,

Many thanks!, Phoned the two breakers but neither of them has one :sad2: and if they did they'd want close to £200 for it??? - if you don't mind me asking how much did you secure yours for?

Cheers
-Steve

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Rampage said:
Tin,

Many thanks!, Phoned the two breakers but neither of them has one :sad2: and if they did they'd want close to £200 for it??? - if you don't mind me asking how much did you secure yours for?

Cheers
-Steve
going price here in the uk for them is steering wheel for £150 and another £120 for the airbag it self, much better to get an all-in-one deal if possible for around £200-£220.Occassionally there are CSL wheels on ebay, which go for around 300, you'll be able to make back half the cost with selling your old wheel, so 50-60 difference to get the newer "chunky" wheel is worth the effort imo.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tin said:
going price here in the uk for them is steering wheel for £150 and another £120 for the airbag it self, much better to get an all-in-one deal if possible for around £200-£220.Occassionally there are CSL wheels on ebay, which go for around 300, you'll be able to make back half the cost with selling your old wheel, so 50-60 difference to get the newer "chunky" wheel is worth the effort imo.

Blimey, you must have got a deal! When I've been watching 'em on eBay £270 has been the cheapest I've seen an MTech with Airbag got for... people are asking £350 for non M wheels... I just paid £200 for a near mint M-wheel (no bag)... which going on the current prices seemed good... but not so good with your prices :crying: :hihi:

Anyway cheers again!
-Steve

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Rampage said:
Blimey, you must have got a deal! When I've been watching 'em on eBay £270 has been the cheapest I've seen an MTech with Airbag got for... people are asking £350 for non M wheels... I just paid £200 for a near mint M-wheel (no bag)... which going on the current prices seemed good... but not so good with your prices :crying: :hihi:

Anyway cheers again!
-Steve
ah, cool good news on the steering wheel, yep ebay is a funny ol game ;) time the auctions, as late night ones are best, most folks asleep or early morning ones ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts