BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to get your feedback on this vehicle that I'm thinking about purchasing. Your thoughts/input is very much appreciated. In the photo that displays the engine bay, I can see that oil's been leaking. Should this be of concern or is this just the oil filter cap? Also, I have noted the peeling shift knob. This will be fixed if purchased. Also the CD for the navigation seems to be missing. Is this difficult to replace? Is it even worth it? Most I'm told don't even bother with it.

Thanks.

T2312, 2001 BMW 5 Series M5 at Auto World USA Inc - Bedford, OH

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just wanted to get your feedback on this vehicle that I'm thinking about purchasing. Your thoughts/input is very much appreciated. In the photo that displays the engine bay, I can see that oil's been leaking. Should this be of concern or is this just the oil filter cap? Also, I have noted the peeling shift knob. This will be fixed if purchased. Also the CD for the navigation seems to be missing. Is this difficult to replace? Is it even worth it? Most I'm told don't even bother with it.

Thanks.

T2312, 2001 BMW 5 Series M5 at Auto World USA Inc - Bedford, OH
Yay? Nay?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
"CARFAX and Autochex history reports indicate that this vehicle has not had any major accidents."

Soo...does that mean it's been in some minor ones?

That's the only thing that got me thinking, otherwise it looks like a great car. See it in person, drive it, and do your homework. It certainly looks good. I love the black OEM wheels.

What's the list price?

Good luck.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"CARFAX and Autochex history reports indicate that this vehicle has not had any major accidents."

Soo...does that mean it's been in some minor ones?

That's the only thing that got me thinking, otherwise it looks like a great car. See it in person, drive it, and do your homework. It certainly looks good. I love the black OEM wheels.

What's the list price?

Good luck.
16k. You can view the carfax on the site. No accidents.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You're missing 2 very important things in your question to us.

1. What's the service history?
2. What's the PPI say?

Showing us a link to a bunch of pictures really doesn't do any good. Every dealer out there is going to turn an ugly duckling into a prom queen for the camera. Nothing informative in the form letter description taken from the BMW brochure/Edmunds, other than advertising thier store/shop.

I seriously doubt anyone on here would go out on a limb and say Yay without at least reviewing the 2 afore mentioned criteria. If you live close, go check it out, if you don't live close, ask if they'd take it to a BMW tech of your choosing for a PPI. Doing research and finding a BMW tech near them would be pretty simple and getting a PPI of your choosing lets you and them know you're serious about buying a serious car. If they won't drive it to a PPI that you'll pay for, run. Carfax and Autocheck are cheap insurance as well. If you haven't already got those, what's the point of asking us? Are you asking us if the paint and body look nice in the photo's?

EDIT: Actually looks like a very good service history.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're missing 2 very important things in your question to us.

1. What's the service history?
2. What's the PPI say?

Showing us a link to a bunch of pictures really doesn't do any good. Every dealer out there is going to turn an ugly duckling into a prom queen for the camera. Nothing informative in the form letter description taken from the BMW brochure/Edmunds, other than advertising thier store/shop.

I seriously doubt anyone on here would go out on a limb and say Yay without at least reviewing the 2 afore mentioned criteria. If you live close, go check it out, if you don't live close, ask if they'd take it to a BMW tech of your choosing for a PPI. Doing research and finding a BMW tech near them would be pretty simple and getting a PPI of your choosing lets you and them know you're serious about buying a serious car. If they won't drive it to a PPI that you'll pay for, run. Carfax and Autocheck are cheap insurance as well. If you haven't already got those, what's the point of asking us? Are you asking us if the paint and body look nice in the photo's?
Wow, I bet your kids love getting lectures from you. Aside from the 'history' from carfax that mentions a few items, there isn't any additional service history. And if you took the time to look at the link a bit more carefully, the carfax link takes you to the report. The PPI is being scheduled for later this week.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow, I bet your kids love getting lectures from you. Aside from the 'history' from carfax that mentions a few items, there isn't any additional service history. And if you took the time to look at the link a bit more carefully, the carfax link takes you to the report. The PPI is being scheduled for later this week.

Haha that's priceless. Ask for our advice then criticize it when you get it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just messing around. Sorry for the miscommunication of my tone. HOWEVER, criticism doesn't have to be rude correct? Something like, "Will you be getting PPI? I'd highly recommend it before looking more seriously into it." would've sufficed.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Man I would like to know what's wrong with you, did you got out of bed on the wrong side or what.

Ransidd really helped you alot and told you everything you need to know. As you seem to have no clue what you're doing, how old are you?

Sorry, but this really pisses me offgrrrrrrr

·
Registered
931 Posts
Just kidding, but don't be that mean :cheers: And feel free to click on the THANKS BUTTON if someone helped you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man I would like to know what's wrong with you, did you got out of bed on the wrong side or what.

Ransidd really helped you alot and told you everything you need to know. As you seem to have no clue what you're doing, how old are you?

Sorry, but this really pisses me offgrrrrrrr
Hah. I want to say he started it. Haha jk.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ransidd, I wanted to formally apologize for my comments. I re-read your advice and I didn't sense the 'lecture' as I did when I first read your response. My bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts