BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Sterling Grey Dinan M5
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a Peake Scanner for the E39 M5, please DM me if you have one for sale or know where I can get one. Thanks!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just curious, what's the obsession with the PEAKE reader over any ordinary OBDII readers that are easier to read and have all the code descriptions already programmed? I know before there were OBDII readers on every auto-store shelf (and now Bluetooth readers and such), the PEAKE stood alone in this space. But why is it still so revered when there are better, more functional, and less expensive products out there?

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Just curious, what's the obsession with the PEAKE reader over any ordinary OBDII readers that are easier to read and have all the code descriptions already programmed? I know before there were OBDII readers on every auto-store shelf (and now Bluetooth readers and such), the PEAKE stood alone in this space. But why is it still so revered when there are better, more functional, and less expensive products out there?
Mainly familiarity. So many of us used it for years before all these other scan tools hit the market. There is a huge knowledge base here on the board specific to the Peake. You could punch your codes into the search bar and come up with input, often lots of it. I'm sure there many better and less expensive BMW specific products that fit in your glove box or can be used through BT on an app, but I'm behind the times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts