·
Registered
4 Posts
I would buy a set.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Four years later, and I'm still looking for 1 center cap to complete my set! If anyone has 1 or 2 to sell, I'd be interested.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Eero:

M6BigDog just sold 3 for $400 plus shipping in Ping's turbine WTB thread here on the board. Price each was $150. Would you be willing to part with your spare at this price? If so, let me know. There are laser printed repros on eBay for $99.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
55 Posts
Beware "OEM" parts from the Middle East at prices that are too good to be true on FleaBay. Some of the packaging is a really good reproduction, but the parts...not so much.
Eero:

M6BigDog just sold 3 for $400 plus shipping in Ping's turbine WTB thread here on the board. Price each was $150. Would you be willing to part with your spare at this price? If so, let me know. There are laser printed repros on eBay for $99.

Thanks,
Mike
I was only able to buy two... to replace my two broken ones,, the third was used to fix another cap he had.. May need to see if a 3 d printer of the spring retainer can be done.. That's what cracked on two, and lost a spring.. Thanks

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
55 Posts
how well do they hold up ? Those are what I need.. spoke to one other guy who had made some.. Not sure what method he used to make them .
But he had issues with his. let me know .. ty Cheers Rob M.

·
Registered
434 Posts
What issues did he have? This design worked first time, I have made 3 of them to see how repeatable the process was. They clip on well and seem strong enough, designed for fit not appearance really as you can see from the photo. I tested them on my own centre cap assembly and as you can see it fits well (I had to prise my original one off to test it as it had been glued on, so if you are super cautious you could add some glue). Let me know if you are interested and how may you want and I will look more at postage to the US. To give you an idea of cost I would say £16 ($20) including finding an envelope and standard postage to the US for one. If posted tracked and signed for then $27 all in. The postage is not much more for multiple items as they don't weigh much.

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
55 Posts
He didn't really say what the issue really was with his, other than they didn't last.. I would be interested in two.. let me know.. Thank you

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
55 Posts
Ha, its a 525i Touring 1994, I don't have deep pockets for a real e34 M5 Touring.. no sunroof which I'm glad about.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts