BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll bump this thread. Still looking. No reply from the WI salvage yard, unfortunately.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
^^^^ Looks very good! I'd be interested in 1, or maybe 4 to go all around, of these.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow. Glad I got a set of turbine covers from the previous owner with my car. They're just sitting in my garage. I'm running the throwing stars on my summers and a set of BBS style 5s on the winters

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Looking good! I was wondering if you could 3D print them. How are yours made?
Original Bmw cap machined smaller (this one too small). Needs mounting to figure out.

3D is possible if some one draws it first. And need 3D printer that makes cheap parts, my friend only have access to machine that is very expensive to use.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I've got some early magnesium centres, I can try to measure them for you if that would help.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The early centre caps were magnesium alloy like the rest of the covers, at some point they were changed to plastic.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Since i could not find caps i started to make them. Here is the first prototype from the inner spring holder.
Material is a aluminium polymer composite. I will make the other parts this week.
Cheers.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts