BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice set of turbine covers but one is missing the hub cap. RealOEM indicates this part is ENDED. If someone on the board has a spare, I could sure use it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've seen that. Made a $150 offer a couple of days ago, which the seller rejected. I really just need the hub cap. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The turbine centre caps are the new tool box blue cloth I'm afraid.
Last ones I saw on ebay the seller wanted 90euro each. Crazy.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
1100€+shipping and i sent you full set with wheels. Should be bargain if one turbine cost 275USD. Keep center cap and sell other parts and you make profit.

I also have project making new ones, ofcourse not neat as originals but looks same when installed.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I might have one , I don't know how tidy it is or when I can check as I'm away on vacation at the moment , but will check when I get a chance.

D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys:

I've already got 2 sets of M-Tech wheels and 2 sets of throwing star covers. So I don't need more wheels - just the 1 hubcap for my set of turbine covers.

Would be interested in hearing from davidoli about his part and Eero H about his repro.

Thanks!

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
not week goes by when I don't regret selling GE00022 with turbines installed, when I should have changed back to the original TS covers.....

·
Registered
899 Posts
It's funny, I do not find the turbines the least bit appealing on these cars. No matter how hard I try I just can't get beyond the hub cap and white wall vision.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Kingpin: Thanks for the link to the WI salvage yard! I've sent them a parts request for this.

I checked the ECS website. The turbine cover is available, but the center cap is not.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Good luck, Mike, the Turbine center cap market is ridiculous right now. Have you seen the full set of Turbine covers (in crappy shape, with no wheels) on ebay for $1,000?! I'm glad I bought my set years ago from a reasonable seller.

Someone stole one of David's (linklaterdavid) a while back, and I think he ended up just buying an entire cover off eBay for the cap (though it was less than $275 like the linked one).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've seen the $1,000 set. And I just confirmed with the seller of the single cover ($275) that it has been repainted (as I suspected).

It is strange that RealOEM shows the hubcap as NLA but Max shows it as available. I'll check with my usual parts source and confirm availability. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I asked from factory and they are NLA. Also ask will they reproduce these, answer was: "They will never been available in future"

Bmw classic said. "The part-nr. 36132226845 is unfortunately out of stock and will no longer be produced.
Maybe the official BMW E32 or E34 club can help you with your inquiry. "

·
Registered
621 Posts
When I was searching for David, I found a few sites that listed the caps as available, and then every single one cancelled my order quickly and (re-)informed me they are NLA.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^^^And this, unfortunately, continues to be the case, per my source.:frown

So I'm still on the hunt. Any leads appreciated.

·
Registered
899 Posts
So I'm still on the hunt. Any leads appreciated.
I looked everywhere I could think of. The lead I PMed you was the only place that listed anything that looked promising.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts