BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a complete set of turbine covers for a non stag. setup.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looking for a complete set of turbine covers for a non stag. setup.

Thanks in advance.
I have a full set I've had for 15-20 years, in a box.
Previous owner polished them so the paint was removed from the outside surface of the turbines & caps. Aluminum caps!!
Must have been spectacular before they got tarnished. Could be repolished or repainted
No major flaws.
Not sure what I want for these.
Interested? Make offer, I can send you some photos. I'm in California
I also have other sets but I'm not going to separate them from the wheels.

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
55 Posts
I would get some pictures... they could be prepped and repainted from being polished.
send some pictures or post them here..

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a full set I've had for 15-20 years, in a box.
Previous owner polished them so the paint was removed from the outside surface of the turbines & caps. Aluminum caps!!
Must have been spectacular before they got tarnished. Could be repolished or repainted
No major flaws.
Not sure what I want for these.
Interested? Make offer, I can send you some photos. I'm in California
I also have other sets but I'm not going to separate them from the wheels.
PM’ed

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ok, I got to the storage unit and grabbed the Turbines and took inventory.
Good news, there is a lot there to include a sets of 706 (8x17, ET:22mm) wheels with MXX3 tires without turbines in excellent condition, I'd be willing to part with.
I'm keeping everything else as spares as I have 2 cars that run Turbines and I want to have an abundance of spares!!.
Bad news, the turbines that were polished do not include the inner turbine fins.😢.
I cleaned them up and used Semichrome to take some of the tarnish off part of the covers and caps to check the condition and IMHO they are a candidate to be re-polish & cleared or re-finishing. The value in these covers beyond the 2-Right & 2-Left outer covers - with minimal nicks is the aluminum caps.
PM me with an offer if interested in the covers or a set of 4 rims.

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
55 Posts
interesting polished the center caps, and the fins.. left the inners painted silver.. bet it looked cool if @PINGMAN passes on these .. I may take them.. no inner fans though.. but I don't need them .. spares help .. center caps for sure
.. Thank you !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks m6bigdog, I am looking for a complete set. Not affraid of having to clean a set up but would want everything there.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Turbine Hub Caps - Plastic version.
These are the BMW M5 Original for the Turbines.
I have 3 available. They are not perfect but they are in very good condition, no broken tabs, see attached images for condition.
Want more photos just PM me.
They've been in storage for over 20 years.
$150 each plus shipping. You pick 1, 2 $150 each or take all 3 for $400.
3D Printed version selling for $99 each on eBay.
Real Deal for $150 is a bargain.

·
Registered
136 Posts
BigDog: I'll take the best one of the 3. You pick. PM incoming!

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
55 Posts
Hey Mike, I'm trying to buy these caps from him for my wheels.. Please don't jump me on this thank you. We have talked price already

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rob:

Sorry. This wasn't your thread and looked like an open invitation from BigDog to sell to the board. Was not aware that you had an exclusive on these. Consider my offer for 1 as a backup to your deal.

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
55 Posts
all good , I thought the pictures would have been sent to me via PM.. sorry they were posted to Pingman's WTB thread to buy complete Turbines.. If anyone has a set for Pingman..
Help him out.. The board was really good to me ( again thanks guys) and I put a set together from here.. just need to replace some broken caps..

·
Registered
1994 525it 1986 325es
55 Posts
Thanks again m6bigdog.... Now back on track for Pingman… He's looking for a set of complete Turbines.. PM him..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts