BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTB: Turbine Covers

14K views 50 replies 16 participants last post by  Lucky1 
#1 ·
Looking for a complete set of turbine covers for a non stag. setup.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Looking for a complete set of turbine covers for a non stag. setup.

Thanks in advance.
I have a full set I've had for 15-20 years, in a box.
Previous owner polished them so the paint was removed from the outside surface of the turbines & caps. Aluminum caps!!
Must have been spectacular before they got tarnished. Could be repolished or repainted
No major flaws.
Not sure what I want for these.
Interested? Make offer, I can send you some photos. I'm in California
I also have other sets but I'm not going to separate them from the wheels.

#5 ·
I have a full set I've had for 15-20 years, in a box.
Previous owner polished them so the paint was removed from the outside surface of the turbines & caps. Aluminum caps!!
Must have been spectacular before they got tarnished. Could be repolished or repainted
No major flaws.
Not sure what I want for these.
Interested? Make offer, I can send you some photos. I'm in California
I also have other sets but I'm not going to separate them from the wheels.
PM’ed

#8 · (Edited)
Ok, I got to the storage unit and grabbed the Turbines and took inventory.
Good news, there is a lot there to include a sets of 706 (8x17, ET:22mm) wheels with MXX3 tires without turbines in excellent condition, I'd be willing to part with.
I'm keeping everything else as spares as I have 2 cars that run Turbines and I want to have an abundance of spares!!.
Bad news, the turbines that were polished do not include the inner turbine fins.😢.
I cleaned them up and used Semichrome to take some of the tarnish off part of the covers and caps to check the condition and IMHO they are a candidate to be re-polish & cleared or re-finishing. The value in these covers beyond the 2-Right & 2-Left outer covers - with minimal nicks is the aluminum caps.
PM me with an offer if interested in the covers or a set of 4 rims.

#12 ·
Turbine Hub Caps - Plastic version.
These are the BMW M5 Original for the Turbines.
I have 3 available. They are not perfect but they are in very good condition, no broken tabs, see attached images for condition.
Want more photos just PM me.
They've been in storage for over 20 years.
$150 each plus shipping. You pick 1, 2 $150 each or take all 3 for $400.
3D Printed version selling for $99 each on eBay.
Real Deal for $150 is a bargain.

#13 ·
BigDog: I'll take the best one of the 3. You pick. PM incoming!

Thanks,
Mike

#15 ·
Rob:

Sorry. This wasn't your thread and looked like an open invitation from BigDog to sell to the board. Was not aware that you had an exclusive on these. Consider my offer for 1 as a backup to your deal.

Regards,
Mike

#16 ·
all good , I thought the pictures would have been sent to me via PM.. sorry they were posted to Pingman's WTB thread to buy complete Turbines.. If anyone has a set for Pingman..
Help him out.. The board was really good to me ( again thanks guys) and I put a set together from here.. just need to replace some broken caps..

#19 · (Edited)
Pingman:

I have sourced a replacement center cap and now have a COMPLETE set of turbines - covers, center caps w/new BMW emblems & vanes. All in excellent condition. PM me if interested. I am about to post a FS ad here on the board but wanted you to have first crack at these, if you are still interested.

FWIW, I finally put a set of Michelins on my polished M-Systems, and used the throwing star covers. These replaced the 18" BBS RCs that were on the car when I bought it about 5 years ago.. I have decided that I will not use the turbines and will part with them for the right price.

Follow up: Here is link to my FS thread: F/S: E34 M5 turbine covers

Regards,
Mike

#24 ·
Ya, to rich for my blood. I was offered a BNIB set, still in the wrappers and original boxes for $2k.
At these prices, I just might sell my current set up and go back to OEM 16" EVO setup on the car. Thanks everyone for reaching out.

#23 ·
Well, I did say "OBO". The center caps alone are going for $150/each. If you can find them. And my complete set needs nothing other than just bolting onto the wheels.

#27 · (Edited)
I only have the hub caps btw.not the rims.i still have the original bags even i believe.center caps are the first gen ones (i think) according to part number on back

sorry to join your forum for the sole purpose of selling something.my intention is for these to stay in the community most passionate about these cars.i can provide any amount of pictures,part numbers,etc

360-296-9169 im in seattle wa.would prefer local pickup but ill ship if the buyer is willing to pay.

Attachments

#28 ·
I only have the hub caps btw.not the rims.i still have the original bags even i believe.center caps are the first gen ones (i think) according to part number on back

sorry to join your forum for the sole purpose of selling something.my intention is for these to stay in the community most passionate about these cars.i can provide any amount of pictures,part numbers,etc

360-296-9169 im in seattle wa.would prefer local pickup but ill ship if the buyer is willing to pay.
Very nice! Looks like you have the correct L and R parts, too.

If you're actively selling here, the forums require a price. This isn't a make offer type of arrangement.

No worries about joining to sell, these are desirable parts and a good place for those wheel covers.

Cheers.

#30 ·
M5newbinseattle said:

Very nice! Looks like you have the correct L and R parts, too.

If you're actively selling here, the forums require a price. This isn't a make offer type of arrangement.

No worries about joining to sell, these are desirable parts and a good place for those wheel covers.

Cheers.

just bought them/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.