BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RealOEM shows the trunk net for the e34 M5 is NLA and an eBay search turned up nothing. Does anyone have a spare? Thanks for any leads!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Bavarian Autosport shows this item.
<table align="top" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="2" width="525"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="100">82 11 9 407 000 </td> <td valign="TOP"> Cargo Net - Genuine BMW
</td> <td valign="TOP"> $ 64.95
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Oh, hell, forget that! Here, try FCP Euro.....it's in stock, genuine BMW, and FIFTEEN BUCKS!:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products?keywords=82 11 9 407 000

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^That's for an e36 car. Will it fit the e34, especially with the very small metal loops for attachment points?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Wow; I didn't follow through with the cross-referencing of the part number, sorry. Years ago, I bought a cargo net from BavAuto, for my E34 535, which is why I tried them first. They show this will fit a '91 M5....I won't promise you that it will. But at FCP Euro's price, I'd order it anyway....

EDIT:

I searched some more....and I see that the E34 net is a FLOOR net....never actually seen one.....the net I bought was a "divider net", which was vertical, rather than horizontal; very different parts, sorry....

Double Edit:

I HAVE seen floor cargo nets on X5's: this looks like something that would better serve the need?: (It shows as fitting an E39...)
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-cargo-luggage-net-51470010557

·
10,444 Posts
i tried to find one a while back as well and it was NLA. Interestingly, i was able to buy a new one for both my e28 M5 and my e39. I haven never tried either in the e34. I'll see if they might work.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I've got one in mine,

Its the sort of thing that goes missing over the years. Mine also has the ski hatch bag fitted also which is handy!

My 518i touring has the passenger side net which is quite handy also.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
There you go, gray...my research was theoretical; now you've got someone who's used the E36 item, and found it works.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very good. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Eero H
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing