BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the point of being dangerous with about 2/32 of tread left, and am not able to afford a whole new set of PS2's right now, so hoping to reach out and touch someone to see if they might have a nicely used set of tires laying around in the SoCal area that I could take off their hands. I would prefer PS2's, but beggars cannot be choosers. Thanks for looking out.

ory

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Just get Kumho MX's. I bought them for my M5 in mid-2007 (about 950 miles ago, actually) and love them.

In fact, I stopped by a local fellow Z3 M Coupe owner's house yesterday to shoot the breeze for a bit and he just had his second set of Kumho MX tires mounted. He loves them -- and this is a guy who runs Toyo RA-1s on a different set of wheels on his M Coupe for trackdays. He says the bang-for-the-buck factor with the Kumho MX is out of this world.

I tend to agree.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, worth looking into I suppose..I guess I got spoiled with the Ps2's while i had them for 1 week...long story, but the end result is that i couldnt keep the tires.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
hmm, worth looking into I suppose..I guess I got spoiled with the Ps2's while i had them for 1 week...long story, but the end result is that i couldnt keep the tires.
I've had the Michelins before, too, and I think the Kumho MX is just as good a tire.

Especially considering it's 1/2 the price.

I used to be a Michelin/Bridgestone tire snob...not anymore :).

·
Registered
518 Posts
I will echo what Ben says as well. I ran SO3's on my DINAN 540i and replaced them with the MX's as well. Freakin awesome tire for the money. I honestly did not notice any difference in handling/traction on the streets, or the track! :cheers:

·
Registered
319 Posts
i'm in need of rear tires too and i just got pricing for Khomo MX here in toronto canada, from tires shop that i've been dealing for a long time and they have the best price in town. are you ready for how much they go here in toronto for 275/35/18

295 plus 13% tax

interested to know how much they go in US?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i'm in need of rear tires too and i just got pricing for Khomo MX here in toronto canada, from tires shop that i've been dealing for a long time and they have the best price in town. are you ready for how much they go here in toronto for 275/35/18

295 plus 13% tax

interested to know how much they go in US?
See TireRack.com or DiscountTireDirect.com.

You might ask if one of those two retailers ships to Canada.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts