BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to go to MFEST in 2 weeks, driving from Florida. Mine aren't bad, but would like to have back ups in the car just in case anything happens on my trip out there. I just replaced my cooling system, power steering hoses, diff mounts/seals, clutch, tires, and all fluids. Don't want to drop another grand on 2 parts if I don't need them at the moment so if anyone has them used that I can buy or borrow please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
848 Posts
No I meant just to carry as spares, maybe I'm wrong here but i don't recall these items as being a big wear item on our cars. A spare tire/wheel sure, oil, fuses, pump replay OK but I understand you want to be cautious on a long trip.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have 115k miles with original parts. I'm also going to track the car and have heard the pumps going out sometimes.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm getting ready to go to MFEST in 2 weeks, driving from Florida. Mine aren't bad, but would like to have back ups in the car just in case anything happens on my trip out there. I just replaced my cooling system, power steering hoses, diff mounts/seals, clutch, tires, and all fluids. Don't want to drop another grand on 2 parts if I don't need them at the moment so if anyone has them used that I can buy or borrow please let me know. Thanks.
Good idea. The parts aren't generally readily available as if you had a Mustang. I got 80k out of my original alternator and maybe 50-60k from the steering pump. I think the seal failed but it was under warranty.

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
Check the local pick and pulls?
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts