BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just as the title states, I am looking for various items to put my car back together and I have opted to keep the car "original" and not update the front end.

1. I need a pair of headlights. Lens condition isn't a big deal but will factor into the price. I already have ballasts so prefer not to buy extras.

2. MINT condition steering wheel from a 2000 M5.

3. engine under tray

4. front wheel liners, but only if they're in excellent condition

5. brake cooling ducts, both aluminum pieces. Also need to not be bent/damaged

6. fog lights. Need to have clear lenses that aren't sandblasted otherwise I'll make due with what I have.

7. front core support, preferably from a MY2000 that has the 10w-60 sticker on it.

8. Possibly use both front bumper "shocks"

Let me know what you have.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
180 Posts
What would you consider as an acceptable price for the steering wheel? I have a flawless wheel and airbag that are currently installed on my recently purchased M5. I have considered going with a facelifted wheel setup, but it was at the bottom of the priorities list so it hasn't been completed as of yet. While it would be better for me to already have the new wheel on the car, I would at least entertain the idea of pushing the swap up in the list and taking care of it asap. I don't believe you would find a wheel in better condition, the car was clearly well maintained it's whole life.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Tim,

I have #1 and #2.

Headlights are in good condition with less than 60k miles on them. I'll try to take some pictures. No ballasts so exactly what your looking for

Steering wheel is currently on, and I have the facelift steering wheel sitting in my closet. Once I swap the preface lift out I can sell you that one as well. Leather is in good condition as well; less than 60k on it, no rips or tears. Could use some leatherique on the top (12 o'clock area) to make the leather more supple.

Let me know

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tim,

I have #1 and #2.

Headlights are in good condition with less than 60k miles on them. I'll try to take some pictures. No ballasts so exactly what your looking for

Steering wheel is currently on, and I have the facelift steering wheel sitting in my closet. Once I swap the preface lift out I can sell you that one as well. Leather is in good condition as well; less than 60k on it, no rips or tears. Could use some leatherique on the top (12 o'clock area) to make the leather more supple.

Let me know
PM in bound.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What would you consider as an acceptable price for the steering wheel? I have a flawless wheel and airbag that are currently installed on my recently purchased M5. I have considered going with a facelifted wheel setup, but it was at the bottom of the priorities list so it hasn't been completed as of yet. While it would be better for me to already have the new wheel on the car, I would at least entertain the idea of pushing the swap up in the list and taking care of it asap. I don't believe you would find a wheel in better condition, the car was clearly well maintained it's whole life.
I'd like to see if I can package some things together, but if that doesn't work I'll let you know.

I have a set of beautifully restored set of face-lift headlights.
no ballasts
pm me a reasonable offer
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/parts-other-sale-wanted/353714-fully-restored-headlights-03-a.html
Sorry, I'm looking to stay with pre facelift. Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Tim,

Here is the steering wheel and headlights. As you can see the steering wheel is in great shape, no rips or tears. Leather is a little matte at the 12 o'clock position. Tri-stitch just needs a little cleaning (I've used toothpaste and toothbrush to clean it with great results). One small nick on the left side buttons.

Headlights. Needs a restore and should look like new. No scuffs or dings (to my knowledge). No ballast, just like you want. I'll even throw in the lower brackets, not sure if yours got messed up with the accident. NO broken tabs either. Less than 60k miles on the lights.

Reactions: technician117

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just as the title states, I am looking for various items to put my car back together and I have opted to keep the car "original" and not update the front end.

1. I need a pair of headlights. Lens condition isn't a big deal but will factor into the price. I already have ballasts so prefer not to buy extras.

2. MINT condition steering wheel from a 2000 M5.

3. engine under tray

4. front wheel liners, but only if they're in excellent condition

5. brake cooling ducts, both aluminum pieces. Also need to not be bent/damaged

6. fog lights. Need to have clear lenses that aren't sandblasted otherwise I'll make due with what I have.

7. front core support, preferably from a MY2000 that has the 10w-60 sticker on it.

8. Possibly use both front bumper "shocks"

Let me know what you have.

Thanks,

Tim
Items #1 and 2 have been purchased. Thanks Jon.

Still looking for the other items.

Reactions: jdauria

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you contacted Clemster?
Yeah we've exchanges texts on the subject. He'll likely have some of the smaller stuff I need that I didn't even list here. Problem is a lot of the cars he gets have front end damage.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok #4 is purchased.

I think Adam has everything else I need from this list except the engine under tray, but I didn't ask him about that. I'll just have a look around when I'm there. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts