BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 M5 E60 6 speed. I would like to upgrade all 4 calipers and rotors/pads to the larger F10 M5 brakes. If anyone knows where I can purchase this it would help me out a lot.

·
Registered
A motor on a stand
19 Posts
I’m new to the forum and really only commenting to get my post count up.
Are you sure the swap is possible? Caliper mounts tend to be pretty standard and the hub moves its mounting point to accommodate the change in size. That way brembo, or whomever, can pump out millions of parts and sell it to dozens of brands.
That being said, nothing a waterjet/cnc cut set of brackets cant fix.
Just something to consider

·
Registered
477 Posts
F10 calipers are bigger. Rotors have different sized hub diameter and require 20" wheels since they are larger - 400mm compared to the E60 374mm.

If you just want the look, get your calipers powder coated blue and clear coat over a M sticker. Better pads and brake fluid really make a difference.

For the money, to get a whole new wheel tire setup, plus F10 parts, and getting brackets/rotors machined, you might as well go brembo/stoptech BBK. It would perform better too.

·
Registered
402 Posts
1. Purchase F-series Brembo Caliper and Rotors.

2. Purchase adapter bracket, there is one vendor I know of in Russia that sells them.

3. Bore out the front rotor hub as it’s not hub centric to E-series cars.

4. Rears may be a direct swap as F series M5/6 just had single piston floating calipers so the caliper carrier bracket might have the same bolt hole width and it’s just taller to accept the bigger rotor. I would do the fronts only and paint to match the existing rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts