BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks, if anyone has any of this stuff laying around, i'll name a price.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Foglights are only cheap from new. I've got a used left one, but I'm in the UK and it's 9 years old with 130k miles of stone damage to the glass.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Likewise, I've got a spare right and left foglight both with cracked lens.

I'm also going to have a spare front bumper (after Christmas) as Durt kindley sold me his (I need to get it re painted). Mine has a crack on the top left side which was repaired but cracked again when we refitted it. Many people have told me that you can have it 'plastic welded' but I've yet to find anyone who can do this? I'll do some more investigation, but this could be an option.

Also, there is this on ebay, from a 540i? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10374&item=4513310592&rd=1

Good luck

Brian

AndyE said:
Foglights are only cheap from new. I've got a used left one, but I'm in the UK and it's 9 years old with 130k miles of stone damage to the glass.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yewcorner,

I cracked a plastic bumper on a rock in an overflow car park. Most bodyshops I went to said they'd repair it with plastic welding.

In the end it was repaired in Exeter by Kynaston Motors. I've since removed the bumper and the repair looks very strong using that process. It never cracked.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AndyE said:
Yewcorner,

I cracked a plastic bumper on a rock in an overflow car park. Most bodyshops I went to said they'd repair it with plastic welding.

In the end it was repaired in Exeter by Kynaston Motors. I've since removed the bumper and the repair looks very strong using that process. It never cracked.

Cheers,
Andy
Yeah, I actually knocked a chunk of the lip on the M Tech piece off, and cracked the thing that holds up the fog, after hitting a huge, basketball sized, chunk of ice on the highway. I'm seriously doubting this could be repaired...but i'll have to post some pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts