BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good set of fog lights. No chips or scratches. I will accept some pitting as it is inevitable these days to have a perfect set of OEM fogs, but I am looking for a set that still has clarity and no major damage.

TIA

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have an extra passenger side I don't need
come pick it up if you need just one
only 300 dollars jk

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do in fact only need one. My passenger fog broke but I figured I would only find them for sale in pairs. Let me know if you are willing to sell the one.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Pm replied

·
Registered
835 Posts
Think I have a used pair also, have pitting, but seen where some had good results sanding/buffing. New ones aren't too expensive from BMW.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I may consider buying new, but at roughly $110 new, and the fact that I seem to break them once every 12-18 months, it could add up. I need to start a fog light hoard for reserves :)

I also should mention that I am looking for clear fogs and not the fluted ones.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is. In most traffic conditions I keep a healthy distance mainly to prevent chips on the bumper from flying debris from traffic ahead, but in some traffic scenarios (at least here in SoCal), you squeeze into the herd while traveling at the same speed and you end up surrounded by vehicles and at certain times are not able to have an out. But in this case, the object came flying across the lanes and there was no time to react really even if I did have room in the next lane.

I notice this happens more (chips and damaged fogs) now that the car is lower than before (now on coil overs vs lowering springs). May be time to raise it up a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts