BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of headlights from a 01+ E39 M5. They need to be the Xenon headlights because I want to upgrade the headlights on my 2000 M5.

If you have a set that is in good condition (free of cracks, fog, scratches, etc.) please PM me and let me know!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lights 2003

I have a pair for sale I just took off my 2003 M5.

PM me and make me a reasonable offer.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still looking... I see them on eBay for around $600-$700 on average, of course they sit for a long, long time at that price.

I'd be willing to give someone $500 shipped for their headlights as long as there are no broken mounting tabs. Hazy lenses can always be polished out, I just don't want any broken adjusters or mounting tabs.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I'd really recommend this guy:
E39 SWEET DEAL: FACELIFT E39 Hella OEM Xenon HID Headlights

I've bought stuff from him in the past and I can personally vouch for him because I know he does great work, working on these lights is a hobby of his (works in the aviation field by day). I'm seeing if he can work with me to install some gauge cluster faces on my car and he is currently retrofitting HID's into my Z3 headlights. He's called me probably 3 times already just wanting to double/triple check stuff to make sure hes doing it right per what I want. I'll be buying facelift lights from him when I'm ready no question (I don't have an E39 atm).

His may be on the high side of your price, his are $700, but they come with a guarantee and he doesn't sell junk. He replaces the adjusters and polishes the lenses and will swap projectors as needed too. Bulbs are replaced when needed so they are always a matching pair... if you've ever bought used "sets" of lights before you'll know that can be a frustrating problem to deal with (not a big deal but its a PITA to turn on your new lights the first time and one light is green one is blue). It's $700 done and done, no questions asked and no bs.

I may seem like I'm gushing a bit but the reason for that is because I just dropped my Z3 lights off to have him work on them a few days ago so all his excellent customer service is still fresh in my mind. He didn't ask me to put a good word out or anything, I'm doing it because I know anyone who buys from him WILL be happy.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd really recommend this guy:
E39 SWEET DEAL: FACELIFT E39 Hella OEM Xenon HID Headlights

I've bought stuff from him in the past and I can personally vouch for him because I know he does great work, working on these lights is a hobby of his (works in the aviation field by day). I'm seeing if he can work with me to install some gauge cluster faces on my car and he is currently retrofitting HID's into my Z3 headlights. He's called me probably 3 times already just wanting to double/triple check stuff to make sure hes doing it right per what I want. I'll be buying facelift lights from him when I'm ready no question (I don't have an E39 atm).

His may be on the high side of your price, his are $700, but they come with a guarantee and he doesn't sell junk. He replaces the adjusters and polishes the lenses and will swap projectors as needed too. Bulbs are replaced when needed so they are always a matching pair... if you've ever bought used "sets" of lights before you'll know that can be a frustrating problem to deal with (not a big deal but its a PITA to turn on your new lights the first time and one light is green one is blue). It's $700 done and done, no questions asked and no bs.

I may seem like I'm gushing a bit but the reason for that is because I just dropped my Z3 lights off to have him work on them a few days ago so all his excellent customer service is still fresh in my mind. He didn't ask me to put a good word out or anything, I'm doing it because I know anyone who buys from him WILL be happy.
I may just have to jump on those unless someone has something better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts