BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m looking for a set of mufflers to install on a car that currently has straight pipes. OEM is preferred, but I’ll consider any aftermarket set that’s available. Bonus points if you’re in New England. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a pair of factory mufflers with the resonators as well, Rockland MA

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If all falls through, let me know, I have both stock mufflers (tips polished nicely) and the stock resonator as a separate piece sitting in my basement. I live in Fairhaven, down by the south coast. Just let me know on this thread if you are interested and I will send you my e-mail to discuss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I’m looking for a set of mufflers to install on a car that currently has straight pipes. OEM is preferred, but I’ll consider any aftermarket set that’s available. Bonus points if you’re in New England. Thanks.
I have a set of stock mufflers, off a 2002, located in Milton.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
P.S. OP - have you had any issues getting inspected in MA with straight pipes? I know that if your car is older than 15 years, emissions inspections no longer apply, but if the inspector thinks something is up, or out of place, he can investigate. Only way he would suspect anything would be the noise a straight piped M5 would make.

I've been toying with the thought of deleting my cats, or maybe going with some headers eventually... since my car is 18 years old now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks so much for the reply. I should be all set, but will let you know if something changes.

If all falls through, let me know, I have both stock mufflers (tips polished nicely) and the stock resonator as a separate piece sitting in my basement. I live in Fairhaven, down by the south coast. Just let me know on this thread if you are interested and I will send you my e-mail to discuss.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am near Boston MA and would like the stock e39 m5 exhaust. I’m looking for the one piece system, from the mufflers up to the header flanges. Please let me know if you have one. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn’t end up using the one I bought. It’s one piece from the resonators back. Let me know if you’re interested.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I didn’t end up using the one I bought. It’s one piece from the resonators back. Let me know if you’re interested.
Can you post a picture and price? Or PM me. I am looking for the full 1-piece system.

Photo courtesy of Joshua.Courtney:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts