BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Dennis,

Appreciate you taking the opportunity to respond back. I did reach out to them and unfortunately they do not make it anymore. Ironically I found their rep available from another member on here and purchased it but I’m still looking for a genuine version. I’d like to compare both as sometimes pictures are deceiving.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Keep searching eBay, I saw one a while back overpriced, but that’s subjective.

ping muradmotors one may and let him know you are looking for one. It’s gonna be expensive, but this guy comes across Gucci stuff every now and then.(Not affiliated, trying to help)

He is also selling Dinan headers for more than when they were new.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah I remember the one that showed up about a year ago, it actually was one of the CA Automotive replicas and was the reason why I didn’t end up purchasing it. Sadly, you’re right on Muradmotors and I’ve gulty boughten some of his overpriced NLA parts. I’ll actively keep checking. Again, let me know if anyone runs into one or has one, not afraid to pay for what it’s worth.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Also, the fish line won’t work. You have to carefully separate the bumper cover and the diffuser. I need to do major paint work to address everything that occurred in the past 18 years and will make the shop sign off on waiver in case they break stuff, but I am not sure when. Hopefully during the summer

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
By all means I don’t think it’ll be easy but I removed a set of ACS splitters that were glued on from the same adhesive that comes with the installation kit from factory and the only way to remove it was fishline. However it took me 2-3 days of several hours on working it out to save both the splitters and bumper, I would think working it out would be possible with the same method but I may be wrong since I’ve never dealt with the rear diffuser. Either way that adhesive is a total b*tch and wouldn’t trust anyone but yourself to do it based on my experience. Plus I know someone else that has genuine one that I have an opportunity to buy but needs body work coz the body shop compromised some of the diffuser in the process of removing it.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
you best hope is that the painter didn’t have a boys night out a day prior.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Saw that, thanks! Waiting for the seller to confirm if it’s a genuine piece with the stamp behind the “U” shape diffuser or not.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi,

It's sold ! not to me however!

AC Schnitzer I'm fairly sure didn't offer this in genuine CF finish, so it's a aftermarket replica - the description word 'style' gives it away too. If of course they did make a CF one and this was a genuine part, I stand corrected !

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dennis, I replied. I’m going to talk to my people at work tomorrow and see what I can get facilitated.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi,

Joel - Thanks very much, I replied back to you via PM as well !

Moubarak - If/when an original/genuine items turns up, then it would have an asking price of around that, if not more. Anything less is/would be a good bonus ! As you are in Lebanon, I recall shipping prices to your country are (dis)proportionally high and as such an item will be packed in a relatively large box, then the volumetric weight from the dimensions will be 'relatively' high and will vary of course depending on which country one turns up in for you to then import into yourself.

If Joel can make some excellent quality versions and at a suitable price level, I'm sure there'd be some more interest and thus actual genuine purchases!

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
2001 BMW E39 M5
16 Posts
Hey Dennis, Anything i try to purchase from the states ships to Florida where a forwarder then takes care of the international shipping. I do understand the costs involved. I will make an actual genuine purchase if i find a genuine item. I understand they're rare. That said i do appreciate the effort to make replicas but i'm really interested in rare items and not just the look. Is it ok if i use this thread or do i need to create another one?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi Moubarak,

I totally understand about wanting an OEM/Original piece - I'm the same, I much prefer the genuine article and I also like my rare and sought after items - I have a few such items on my Touring for instance & more goodies stashed away for when I get another E39 :) Keep a lookout on all the usual places, ebay, craigslist and forum classifieds and be prepared to wait a significant amount of time for such an example to come up for sale. As ever, with rarities like this, you'll pretty much need to pay the asking price at whatever level it's asked at to secure it - there's no real chance to think about waiting around for a better priced example or asking for a discount on the item as then it's likely by the time you've considered that, the item will have sold to other's looking and hunting for the exact same item ! I'd say do indeed create another 'Wanted' advert for your requirement.

Lastly, welcome to the forum, can't be many E39 M5's in Lebanon !

Cheers, Dennis!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts