BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have one, part of it was broken. I’m rebuilding it and am going to have it molded at work to reproduce them and make a couple extra ones. I would also pay for a complete one, or just the piece that surrounds the exhaust as that’s what’s damaged on my current mold.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one, part of it was broken. I’m rebuilding it and am going to have it molded at work to reproduce them and make a couple extra ones. I would also pay for a complete one, or just the piece that surrounds the exhaust as that’s what’s damaged on my current mold.
If I don’t find a genuine one by then, I would be interested in a mold.

i've been after one for a while too just not been able to find them!
I know of one similar to the one above that would need body work to make it right.

If one does pop up on this post, I HAVE DIBS FIRST!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hi,

This is the one that CA Automotive do - looks almost exactly the same as the ACS one, made in full Pre Preg Carbon Fibre

Excuse the look of their 1997 style website ! Drop Roy a line about availability

Joel S - If you do press ahead with making a version, please make it as accurate and high quality as you can, will you be making the extra's in fibreglass ?

I have one in my goodies storage and soon to be test fitting it to see if if fits up nicely to my Touring, if it doesn't, I will look to sell it on, but I do have one enthusiast who has 1st dibs on it.

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

This is the one that CA Automotive do - looks almost exactly the same as the ACS one, made in full Pre Preg Carbon Fibre

Excuse the look of their 1997 style website ! Drop Roy a line about availability

Joel S - If you do press ahead with making a version, please make it as accurate and high quality as you can, will you be making the extra's in fibreglass ?

I have one in my goodies storage and soon to be test fitting it to see if if fits up nicely to my Touring, if it doesn't, I will look to sell it on, but I do have one enthusiast who has 1st dibs on it.

Cheers, Dennis!
Thanks Dennis! Looks like they Prepeged with carbon from a genuine piece. Just shot the company a message to check availability and shipping. Hope if they do have them that they can ship to the US since that’s not an option on check out.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hi Ricducker,

I'm fairly sure they will ship to the US, in case they don't/won't, drop me a line as I often ship items to (and from) the US, so could have it sent to me and then I'd send over to you.

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi,

Cheers, Dennis!
Dennis, I’ll actually really don’t like the look of Carbon so this one would be a no for me. My car is sterling grey and all my accents are gloss black, so I’ll be running a gloss black diffuser. I one way or another make my copies perfect. It will be fiberglass, as whatever the piece that goes around the bumper itself is made of some very weird materials. If you go to sell yours ever let me know as I’d pay a lot to get my hands on a complete one to replicate. If you’d be willing to ship yours over to the us, I’d love to have a perfect one molded and would be happy to mail it back.

i build fire trucks and all our inner fenders are fiberglass so I’m going to have the company who does those for us replicate this diffuser.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts