BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 530i/5 (For Now)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: PURCHASED! 2003 Sterling Grey/Black from Mississippi. Shipping to NYC this week.

Hello all. I've been lurking here for two decades and have only owned I-6 E39s during that time. My midlife crisis dictates I must have my dream car now. Looking for a mechanically sound E39 M5. Can be a little rough cosmetically. Willing to fly from NYC to wherever for the right one.

MUST HAVES:
-No codes, no pending issues, mechanically sound.
-No aftermarket suspension
-No excessive mods
-EXTERIOR Must not be Black or Titan Silver (I've had too many silver E39s)
-If Accident or Damage was reported, details of the severity and repairs

NICE TO HAVE (But not a deal breaker)
-At least partial service records
-Under 150K
-Close to North East
-Black Heritage seats
-Prefer Vinyl dash over leather for a lower Euro dash retrofit.

What do you guys have? Pic for attention.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good luck in your search.

Helpful hint: if you prefer vinyl, then you actually want extended leather. Full Leather is the upper door cards, dashboard etc. Many people confuse these. Since you also want Heritage leather it’s possible you’ll run into Full Leather cars. You couldn’t get Full Leather with Sports seats from 01 to 03 (post LCI)

·
Registered
2003 530i/5 (For Now)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck in your search.

Helpful hint: if you prefer vinyl, then you actually want extended leather. Full Leather is the upper door cards, dashboard etc. Many people confuse these. Since you also want Heritage leather it’s possible you’ll run into Full Leather cars. You couldn’t get Full Leather with Sports seats from 01 to 03 (post LCI)
Ahhh gotcha. I didn't know there was more than one degree of extra leather coming from non-M E39s. Thanks for the clarification.

Yea basically I'd prefer if the car didn't have a leather dashboard, so that I can retrofit my existing black vinyl lower euro dash. But by no means is it a deal breaker if o find a nice caramel interior.

The reason I mention the heritage seats is because I already have a nice set in Black (non folding rears). If there was a situation where the M5 I wanted was good mechanically but had a heritage interior that was beat up I could potentially swap it and not mismatched with, say Silverstone ostrich leather door cards. Make sense?

But if I find one with a decent interior I'll probably just end up selling the seats I have separately.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts