BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find it anywhere...

Does anyone have or know where I can get black or aluminum or carbon fiber interior trim for e60 M5 LCI (facelift)?

I guess I can paint the trim (mine is wood) but I rather just buy the actual trim.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
There is no OEM carbon fiber trim. You can buy some aftermarket carbon fiber trim pieces but they seem to be quite pricey.

A better option (in my opinion) that most members seem to opt for is to wrap whatever trim pieces you currently have.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I forgot to mention that if you wrap your current pieces as opposed to purchasing new ones, you won't need to worry about fitment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to mention that if you wrap your current pieces as opposed to purchasing new ones, you won't need to worry about fitment.
hmm... should I do it myself or have someone else (dealer, bodyshop) do it? I have no experience.

if I were to do it myself, should I get black vinyl or carbon fiber? which is easier to install?

and do I need tools like glue and hot gun?

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you have never done this; I would highly recommend a professional shop to install or wrap it. I did wrap my 06 4.8is x5 with the carbon fiber and it looks great. But, it does takes alot of time and patience. GL.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Checkout Proformance industries in new rochelle,ny. The owner wrapped his M5s interior trim in carbon fabric. I've seen it in person. Awesome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.