BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find it anywhere...

Does anyone have or know where I can get black or aluminum or carbon fiber interior trim for e60 M5 LCI (facelift)?

I guess I can paint the trim (mine is wood) but I rather just buy the actual trim.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
There is no OEM carbon fiber trim. You can buy some aftermarket carbon fiber trim pieces but they seem to be quite pricey.

A better option (in my opinion) that most members seem to opt for is to wrap whatever trim pieces you currently have.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I forgot to mention that if you wrap your current pieces as opposed to purchasing new ones, you won't need to worry about fitment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention that if you wrap your current pieces as opposed to purchasing new ones, you won't need to worry about fitment.
hmm... should I do it myself or have someone else (dealer, bodyshop) do it? I have no experience.

if I were to do it myself, should I get black vinyl or carbon fiber? which is easier to install?

and do I need tools like glue and hot gun?

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you have never done this; I would highly recommend a professional shop to install or wrap it. I did wrap my 06 4.8is x5 with the carbon fiber and it looks great. But, it does takes alot of time and patience. GL.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have never done this; I would highly recommend a professional shop to install or wrap it. I did wrap my 06 4.8is x5 with the carbon fiber and it looks great. But, it does takes alot of time and patience. GL.
so exactly what tools are needed for the job?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Checkout Proformance industries in new rochelle,ny. The owner wrapped his M5s interior trim in carbon fabric. I've seen it in person. Awesome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts