BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 2003 e39 and looking for another with lower mileage, <60,000. Prefer jet black or emola red. This will be my third!! Hate boring cars.

Here's mine on Auto Trader:

2003 BMW M-5, 104,000 Mi,$21,000. Silver.

Selling my stunning silver/black leather e39 M5. I bought it in 2010 with 60K miles locally and have added about 44,000 highway miles. It is VERY FAST and has some performance mods but I have never raced or tracked it. The exhaust is very impressive. This gem has been maintained at La Jolla Independent who cares for more M BMW's that anyone in town. Detailing is done by Derek Zovanyi, the very best. All service records. This is my 2nd e39 M5 and I am getting a 3rd! I hate boring cars!! THIS CAR IS A TREASURE. 6-Speed manual transmission.

AC SCHNITZER 19" 3-piece Racing Wheels, ($3500/set).
Tires: MICHELIN 245/35ZR19,PS2AS(Front).
MICHELIN 275/30ZR19XL PS3AS,(Rear), less than 3000 Mi.
AC SCHNITZER,body kit side skirts and rear spoiler, foot pedals, hand brake,and shift lever.
EURO STYLE Stainless Steel exhaust,
2013.EVOSPORT Stage 1 Superchip.
DINAN: sway bars, front & rear, aluminum strut tower braces w/ carbon fibre inserts (front & rear).
2009 NAVTECH DVD Navigation.
Sunshades.
Clear bra.
All scheduled maintenance, All records, Always garaged, Custom wheels, Excellent condition, Factory GPS system, New tires, No accidents, Non-smoker

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
104k is not high mileage. You could end up spending more on a lower mileage example getting it as good as the one you already have.
Wrong section, OP.

But:

Ditto! You already have one that is sorted, stick with it rather than start the whole process again. I have one with 128K and it is in far worse condition overall than the other 2 I have, 1 with 151K and the other with 169K. At this stage in the game age has taken a toll too.

100K sems to be such a psychological barrier for some.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I also agree with the above posts - 100k is NOTHING for these cars! Just do some maintenance on her and she will drive better than new. With that being said I do have a very low milage 2000 if you're interested. Best of luck.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Merty,

Impressive if you drive this kind of car with the mods you have at the age of 73 (according to your member profile in the left sidebar).

Reminds me of the character on The Breakfast Club (Brian Johnson, played by Anthony Michael Hall) who goofed on his ID and made himself 68 years old ("so he could vote"). Classic...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, you guys!! I surrender. But with my first 2000 e39 M5 that I bought new it was a gem for about 110,000 milers at which time it had NEVER had a major repair or failure. But soon afterward, it began a series of very costly failures that never seemed to end. I finally sold it at 159,000 miles and bought this 2003 which has been wonderful except for a few ill-advised mods which had been installed by the previous owner. I appreciate all your response to my posting and have decided to to my Silver Bullet as maybe it will outlive me!!

Chagrined, Merty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts