Looking for a E39 M5 with:

• Metallic paint
  • one or two owners
  • less than 60k miles
  • 100% mechanically stock. Aftermarket stereos, speakers, lights, etc are ok
  • original clutch
  • all maintenance records
  • reasonably priced for an immediate sale

Im on the west coast but will fly anywhere for the right car. I may consider a higher milage car if it has been fastidiously maintained.

PM me

·
Registered
632 Posts
Looking for a E39 M5 with:

• Metallic paint
  • one or two owners
  • less than 60k miles
  • 100% mechanically stock. Aftermarket stereos, speakers, lights, etc are ok
  • original clutch
  • all maintenance records
  • reasonably priced for an immediate sale

Im on the west coast but will fly anywhere for the right car. I may consider a higher milage car if it has been fastidiously maintained.

PM me

EAG out of Ohio has some pretty pristine low mileage E39 M5s

Reactions: EAG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I have looked at EAG but they want about 30% above market price for their cars because they market to enthusiasts. Its not the niche that I want to buy from.

·
Company Representative for Enthusiast Auto
224 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I have looked at EAG but they want about 30% above market price for their cars because they market to enthusiasts. Its not the niche that I want to buy from.
You get what you pay for. We simply sell the best.

FYI, at 40-60K miles you will want a replacement clutch kit. The original clutch kits should have been recalled in the E39 M5s in our opinion. Any M5 with more than 30K miles that comes through our process, we change the clutch kit and rear main seal as a preventative measure.

Best of luck in your hunt.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

FYI, at 40-60K miles you will want a replacement clutch kit. .
I'm in disagreement with that statement. I'm @ 260,000 miles with original and I'm not an outlier. Cheers.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The car you're looking for through a private seller is quite rare. You might get lucky and find something in a few months, but more likely you'll wait years... and chances are the sale will only be available for a few minutes or hours before it's picked up by someone. If you have money in hand and want to buy now, I'll second the EAG recommendation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an 01 with 42k and it is completely stock just like you are looking for. It was always stored during the winter and is spotless underneath. Pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
680 Posts

FYI, at 40-60K miles you will want a replacement clutch kit. The original clutch kits should have been recalled in the E39 M5s in our opinion. Any M5 with more than 30K miles that comes through our process, we change the clutch kit and rear main seal as a preventative measure.

Best of luck in your hunt.
Yes,
please explain how some of us can make our clutches last 100k miles....i guess it's a miracle! :p

·
224 Posts
Yes,
please explain how some of us can make our clutches last 100k miles....i guess it's a miracle! :p
Yes, the clutch kits can make it 50/100/260K miles, but if you were buying a used M5 wouldn't you rather have a vehicle you know has already been updated in nearly every way?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes, the clutch kits can make it 50/100/260K miles, but if you were buying a used M5 wouldn't you rather have a vehicle you know has already been updated in nearly every way?
Yes, but only if the rod bearings were included in said update ;);)

·
224 Posts
We have yet to see a rod bearing issue with any late production E39 M5. I've heard of a few guys losing an engine, but both times were early production cars, heavily modified and likely not driven properly all the time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
No, I'd prefer to buy a M5 on the original clutch - it speaks volumes about the driver.

Mine is at 88K, stock clutch, Carbon Black/Black Sport/Titan trim. M audio, Alcantara, no shades/pdc, all stock with Magnaflows. 2nd owner, had it since '06....zero issues.

PM me if interested - considering selling, haven't listed it anywhere...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts