1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for:
2002 or 2003 M5
less than 30K miles
extended warranty a huge plus (aftermarket or CPO)
prefer no red or blue or black interior (unless with grey inserts on a grey car)
no white exterior
performance mods welcomed! (i can overlook interior colors for mods).
prefer less than a 12 hour drive home to Washington DC.

i have an approved loan and have already found potential cars. ('02 LMB/caramel, under 25K miles or '02 grey/blk-grey, 30Kmiles for ~$50K)
so please email me privately at [email protected] if you have something competitive.

if you're in the market, please don't buy the cars i'm looking at. :) but let me know of any for sale that isn't already listed on ebay, autotrader, cars.com.

thanks everybody.
James <-- itching to death..

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Check out BLUEDOGs car... (it is on this forum)

I would have bought it in a heartbeat for his current price- $60K with $8k in mods and only 12k babied miles.... sterling with black lux interior....

Pricewise it is dirt cheap compared to $50k for an 02 w/ 30k

ard

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
SpiderSense said:
performance mods welcomed! (i can overlook interior colors for mods).
Now HERE is a guy who has his priorities in order. :cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ard,

I'd like to get BLUEDOG's or ELEVENS' car. they are both better values to me because i do want the mods. just that i'm on a tight budget and cannot reach the typical '03 prices, let alone the modded ones.

unless santa is really good to me, i'll probably end out with an '02, maybe an '03 since the prices do seem to drop weekly (and i keep finding ways to increase budget). i've only seen 2 or 3 M5's reach their reserve in the past couple weeks on ebay. none over 50K.

i'm in no hurry, but i haven't been sleeping much....

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Hey Spidey-

Did I read correctly- you DON'T want a black interior...nor red or blue?

If so, your ONLY two choices are (1) Caramel interior or (2) Grey car with black sport w/grey inserts...

Caramel is hard to come by- Black exterior or LMB exterior...

I do know of a Sterling grey/ caramel 2002 that was coming off lease next month... the dealer was willing to cpo it for the current owner and flip it to me for 52 ish. drop me a PM

A

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ard,

thats right. i do not want black interior, nor red inserts, nor blue inserts.

i wonder how grey/caramel looks?

i'm starting to think of what you said. all the deals i've been working on are starting to fall through. i'm thinking i should wait a few weeks or month and get a modded '03. i'm still kicking myself for missing Nigel's modded '03 for $52K.

James

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm horrible. i could not fight the M fever. it is done. i'm picking up my beast this friday. ended out with a 2002 sterling. thanks for everyone's help. now i'm looking for an aftermarket warranty (and a tubi, cai - don't tell the wife).

James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts