BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've been lurking on here for a while now but haven't posted much. It's a fantastic forum with tons of good people and information. Now though, I'm finally getting ready to purchase an M5 myself.

I'm looking for an 01-03 in either LeMans Blue, Sterling Gray, Anthracite or Alpine White. I recognize that Anthracite was discontinued in 01 and Sterling Gray replaced it, so cars in those colors would only exist in their respectively offered years. I would prefer a car with an all black or caramel interior (no 2 tones), clean title, and under 88k miles, but open to higher miles if service records are available. Would like a stock or close to stock car, but I'm not necessarily opposed to some mods. Also, I'm in the Pacific NW, but I am willing to travel for the right car. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Anyone?

·
Registered
83 Posts
2003 m5 lemans blue with caramel and extended leather , 16000 miles , rebuild title ....can make it clear if you need it.:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks pavrom, but I don't think I'm interested in a salvage titled car, and I would rather not get into trying to wash it or anything. :wroom:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
2003 m5 lemans blue with caramel and extended leather , 16000 miles , rebuild title ....can make it clear if you need it.:)
I hate to hijack, but how can you make it clear?

·
Registered
83 Posts
if you know what are you doing :M5thumbs:... there are some steps to follow. you can have the title clear but the history will show everything anyway.i have a dealer and rebuilder licenses , if you dont have them - you can not do it.:sad1:

for me ther is no sense to make it clear , usually people interested in m5 or similar high end cars are checking everything. even if i show clean title - you still can see all the history through carfax. i bought this car for myself as a toy , did not care about title , but thinking now - for the right amount of money , will sell it right away.it still smells new:1:

there is a difference between selling 2008 300c and 2003 m5 , who cares about history of chrysler with clean title:sad2: , but bmw - even if it is clean , i just want to double check, see the records , how many owners....etc.when i buy something like this from private seller i do inspection and i dont care if it was in the accident , if the engine has been replaced , stolen ..etc.if the car is good - this is most important. i saw a lot of cars with rolled back odometer with multiple hidden problems , with major body and frame work.....but clean title ...and some people happy to buy this cars:Thumbdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts