BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm hoping someone can help me out here, please. I'm looking for the part numbers and source to buy a couple of European Sun Visors. I removed the idiotic U.S.A CYA air bag stickers, but an outline where the stickers used to be remains.

I found some old threads that describe how to remove the stickers and they came off easily. But it almost looks like heat and pressure was used to "stamp" the decals on. Oh well. Thanks in advance...

Here's some PART NO.s but which one and where to buy?:

-Bill

B

·
0 Posts
ELEVENS said:
I'm hoping someone can help me out here, please. I'm looking for the part numbers and source to buy a couple of European Sun Visors. I removed the idiotic U.S.A CYA air bag stickers, but an outline where the stickers used to be remains.

I found some old threads that describe how to remove the stickers and they came off easily. But it almost looks like heat and pressure was used to "stamp" the decals on. Oh well. Thanks in advance...

Here's some PART NO.s but which one and where to buy?:

-Bill
Contact www.pacificbmw.com. If they can't help, they will likely have to be sourced from outside the US. Another option is to take your "damaged" visors to a loacal leather expert to be "repaired."

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Pretty sure that one of the European members can help you source new or used parts, however it may take much longer than sourcing them in the USA. Feel free to PM me if you need any help sourcing them here.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
BeastPower said:
Contact www.pacificbmw.com. If they can't help, they will likely have to be sourced from outside the US.
Give this a shot, Bill-

When I first did the 'euro' M-Technic brake duct install, I was told the parts were non-US spec, and in fact we only could find them on the ETK for RSA.

Even if they are euro parts, you should have no trouble sourcing them from Pacific. Their tough-to-find US-spec parts are airfreighted from Germany anyway....

Good luck!

-Dave

B

·
0 Posts
Teutonaddict said:
...Even if they are euro parts, you should have no trouble sourcing them from Pacific. Their tough-to-find US-spec parts are airfreighted from Germany anyway....
Very true! I have had very good experience with Pacific, and also had to wait for items to come from Germany, and it only took about 2 weeks.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fellas - thanks for all the helpful advice. I'll give Pacific BMW a call on Monday.

Much appreciated :cheers:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Chapter 2

Here's another chapter in the Visor saga. Before wasting good money on Euro visors, I did a google search and discovered that lacquer thinner is required to clean up the remaining adhesive. It worked well, but there's still the "imprint". Maybe I'll try a hair dryer, next.

After removing airbag sticker using acetone, some adhesive remains:

Lacquer thinner removed the glossy adhesive, but the imprint remains:

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
The hair dryer might help but I think they all leave a bit of an indentation. With black visors it's really hard to see so I wouldn't sweat it. The decal is much worse! If you order a replacement for the American market, I'll bet they come with brand new stickers, too. You will need Euro ones but I really wouldn't bother, as I doubt anyone will notice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts