1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
That's a new one on me?!?

·
Registered
631 Posts
You will loose around 1 to 2 hp per cylinder.

Hope that's the answer you were looking for. :cheers:
You made that up, right? If not I'd love to know where you get your figures from.

The difference in clearance from the WPC bearings will make no appreciable difference in engine output.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
The very slight loss in power you might be observing is the much higher viscosity of new TWS oil vs.the old sheared down TWS that I am sure was not reused after the bearing change.

In theory comparing apples to apples (new oil vs new oil) the increase in clearance will reduce the power requirement of pumping the thick 10W-60 oil by lowering the oil pressure slightly which is a good thing since it is accompanied by an increase in flow of oil past the bearings thus removing additional heat.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I may just be learning this car but I know THIS GUY has more experience w/ these engines than pretty much anyone who doesnt wear a BMW tech shirt on a daily. I'd trust him if he said it wasnt the case.
+1 on that statement, if anything Troy putting 13-hrs a day into what makes these future classics tick, is pulling ahead of the BMW mechanics, who are seeing less of the E60's since out of warranty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts