BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Would you trade in your E63/64 M6 for a new F12/13 M6?

• Yes (planning on getting an F12/13 M6)

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • No (V-10 forever thank you)

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Don't know yet

Votes: 13 26.5%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of now (well before all the details are known) how likely are current M6 owners to trade their E63/64 cars for an F12/13 M6 when they become available (or when your lease or normal car trading time comes).

Current owners only for the poll please. Others are free to offer opinions of course!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
almost no chance I'll get a new M6. Beyond the lack of excitement in the design which is ofcourse bigger and more bloated than todays car, Ive lost the feeling for M as anything special now that that the philosophy has been shifted to "copy AMG" vs Motorsport. I dont need to spend the $30K premuim that bmw will demand for an M manifold that dr K is so proud of, i dont even know if I'll stay in the bmw family, and this being my 6th bmw over my 20 years on the road, its a sad state of mind to think of the future. Im at a loss as to whats next trully, I may just keep the S85 for the extendable warranty period, or buy the last model of the S65 e92 as I cant imagine being out of bmw. I hold out a little hope on the Gran coupe, but since its more and more appearent that it will be a very big car with turbos only available, i just may say f.u. bmw and take a look at Porsche. I have 11 months to find an answer, but it certainly wont be the M6, you've lost me, BMW M. zzzzz

·
Registered
133 Posts
I treat Golf clubs and special cars the same. I try to keep them forever. I'll give out my clubs but never take money or trade for them as long as they know I still own them. not sure I have ever asked for one back.
I loaned my buddy my 83 supra (that was a great car for a lowly medical intern) and never got it back.

sorry, no I would not trade my m6 but might buy the new one to add to the fleet and maybe get rid of an acura (not NSX) or honda or toyota

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not sure

Some of the conveniences and improvements BMW makes are nice, but the car is heavier, it won't have that V10 special(ness) that the present car has, and yes the DCT would be better, but why make the car heavier and give it a standard v8tt that is shared with most of the other bmw cars. The M6 is supposed to be special, lighter, faster, sharper, more sports GT than just luxury GT. Heck even a SL63 (new tt v8) seems to better follow this philosphy than the new M6. Sad, was really hoping to stay in the BMW family, but if I want fast and heavy, I would rather have a panamera turbo that actually sits 4 real people.

Noushy

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
No way! The scream of the V10 is too special. In the relatively short time I have owned my beast, the V10 continues to amaze both myself and my friends. Unless ///M pull a real rabbit out of their hat, a TT V-8 is just that, another TT-V8. As usual n=1, just my opinion. :cheers:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I plan to keep my M6 and add to my stable. Even though I'm on the waiting list for the F12/13 M6, I might even go with the F10 M5 do to a newborn in the family. I have a 335i M sport as my daily driver and my M6 for the weekends. The sound of my e63 M6 is amazing and I know the new M6 will not compare.

As for the performance i believe the new M6 will be once again ahead of the last. I've owned over 8 BMW's and 3 of them were M cars. my first M was an 95' e36 M3, then e39 01' M5, and my 06' M6. All the others I kept for at least five years and let them go with no turning back. As for my e63, different story, with a 504 rwhp worth of mods, the way she looks and sounds there will never be another like her so I'll be keeping this one. Now for the F series I'll be buying one for sure especially turbos being mod friendly. My 335i will be fully modified with an easy 500+ at the wheels but its no M series. Power to weight it will be a beast compared to the F10 M5 or F12 M6, but I love having SMG transmission compared to an auto. I pretty sure the DCT will be too smooth for me, but you cant have it all.
So for me I feel BMW will have once again done their Job to full fill my needs, maybe in not in every way but given BMW's history I know I wont be disappointed.
Good luck to all!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Def. not new M6. Either stick with my V10; or if impressive numbers - the new M5 OR seriously considering getting a next gen. Porsche TT. Time will tell!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, I will get the new one when it comes

Even though the BMW V10 was a real milestone in GT cars history, I like to switch over to the new one. I know the engine sounds boring etc. but the new one will be better looking, especially from rear but overall as well.

The feeling will be built around the new 600hp engine (at least with a mild tune up) and the chassis will be better as well. The "old" M6 feels a bit heavy and even if the new one will actually be more heavy, they can improve the car on that part how it's behaviour will be.

Well, I have used to the idea partly because it also consumes less fuel and gives more balanced power. I had a Maserati Ghibli with twin turbos and I liked the whizzle those made as well as the supercgharged whine on Stype R. I hoped M6 could have belt driven chargers but what the heck. Must get used to the idea of Turbos as this new bad as*s car will beat the old in every respect but the sound and maybe race SMG feeling with new double clutch. (I was against at first)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Trade... No.
Add... Yes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old M6 vs New M6

Hi Guys,
Our normal aspirated E63 is the most underrated sports car. I ve been fortunate to have had the Db9 and a porsche 997 turbo and the character of the M6 surpasses both. What fantastic ergonomics too and place enough for a 6 FT + driver. Unlike the other two marques. As per the new M6. I prefer the bold styling of the Bangle car vs the the shy and compromised style of the new car. wusses.....the new engine a cheaper lesser V8 unit with foced induction... end effect great, but wouldnt a g power upgrade on a F1 inspired V10 be so much better? And way more powerful, excluse and cost effective?Cheers

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
Our normal aspirated E63 is the most underrated sports car. I ve been fortunate to have had the Db9 and a porsche 997 turbo and the character of the M6 surpasses both. What fantastic ergonomics too and place enough for a 6 FT + driver. Unlike the other two marques. As per the new M6. I prefer the bold styling of the Bangle car vs the the shy and compromised style of the new car. wusses.....the new engine a cheaper lesser V8 unit with foced induction... end effect great, but wouldnt a g power upgrade on a F1 inspired V10 be so much better? And way more powerful, excluse and cost effective?Cheers
I'm with you on the G-Power sort of improvement. But BMW is going the other way - increased, not decreased, fuel economy with more power (but a lot less character).

·
Registered
4 Posts
No doubt about the fuel economy. This one is seriously thirsty. I wonder if it were possible for a mod to make the current V10 more economical in a sort of economy mode while driving sedately. Such as shutting down a bank of cylinders during cruise. I appreciate the fact that aggressive driving is greedy. cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Guys,
I agree in many ways. A G Power-type V10 should have been the new M6 power plant. I suppose that it would be extremely expensive to build a well breathing (read economical) free aspirated engine with that top end power as M6 has. I also love the scream sound of the motor. Maybe the long tubed intake with some valves on the lentgh control would have done it to produce more low end torq and as such drink less fuel but with turbos it has been easier.

I also have started to like Bangle's work, especially this angry looking front but rear has never opened to my eyes so well. Well, it could easily be made to look like Porsche just by swapping the trunk door.:) No one ever tried that?

Also I think the new one is less personal but what I would love to see, is an M6 which looks completely different to normal models. Now it does not have the punch like it should. But ok, purchasing a Maserati would solve all these problems. No fear on mixing with "basic" models as there is no such thing. Then just might compromise some quality things.. because BMW is the best on that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, at first I was not too comfortable with the rear but have now gotten used to it and quite like it. Interestingly, many people love the rear end on first sight. It is distinctive for sure, lends great luggage volume. The porsche 911 just was so compromised with boot space. Any car, however purposeful a sports car, must be able to carry a standard suitcase at the very least. Is a super sports car though. Am toying with the idea of a G power mod. Not the manic 750 bhp one. The intermediate 650 bhp would do nicely. But eventually, I suppose, I will leave him stock and original.... Decisions.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't like the new 6 Series. Looks gay. Ill stick to myE63 kthxbye

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, looks to me that the style dept. at BMW want him to be less controversial and more mainstream, and are tyring real hard to get the fringe players on board. I think that this stategy is going to bite them as the car looses individuality. Im waiting to see the final result.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts