BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Seriously?
yup.

ive driven my car like 3k miles in almost 2 years lol - my DD is a E36 M3 sedan (manual)

im actually eyeing an E39 M5 or a 2015 Ford Mustang GT lease after i get out of the E60 (gotta stop spending so much on cars and save up for the big boy life stuff lol)

·
Registered
201 Posts
yup.

ive driven my car like 3k miles in almost 2 years lol - my DD is a E36 M3 sedan (manual)

im actually eyeing an E39 M5 or a 2015 Ford Mustang GT lease after i get out of the E60 (gotta stop spending so much on cars and save up for the big boy life stuff lol)

In that case - do it! The E39 M5 is nice and solid.

BTW, last Xmas I saw one at a car wash getting all cleaned up. It was an '03 with only like 17K miles. The guy wanted to sell it fast to use the cash for his first child birth; he was recently laid off. Dude, I tell ya, I came this close to giving him the $10K he wanted, but my goofy wife wasn't feeling the manual trans and the silver color. Looking back, I should have ignored her. I've have not seen one that clean in a while and not one that clean since then. :sad1:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
yup.

YOLO:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't think anyone would trade just to trade.it depends for what reason.if the e39 M5 had a 1200rwhp supra motor plus cash maybe I would trade.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
"just" a trade is not a good idea because the cars are not of equal value. That's like asking if anyone would trade their 2014 M5 for an E60. Sure, if the e60 owner would add 75k on top of that "trade"

·
Registered
239 Posts

BTW, last Xmas I saw one at a car wash getting all cleaned up. It was an '03 with only like 17K miles. The guy wanted to sell it fast to use the cash for his first child birth; he was recently laid off. Dude, I tell ya, I came this close to giving him the $10K he wanted, but my goofy wife wasn't feeling the manual trans and the silver color. Looking back, I should have ignored her. I've have not seen one that clean in a while and not one that clean since then. :sad1:
He only wanted 10k for a 03 with 17k miles and you let your wife talk you out of it!?!?!ouich

·
Registered
279 Posts

I call BS. Nobody of sane mind would sell a $35K car for $10K just because they were having a child.

The short answer to the OP is Absolutely for the right trade.

The E39 M5 and the E60 M5 are not mutually exclusive and are wonderful in very different ways. BMW truly went in a different direction when they designed the E60. The E39 is IMHO the true M5 or represents what most people think of as the "BMW Beast"....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I call BS. Nobody of sane mind would sell a $35K car for $10K just because they were having a child.

The E39 M5 and the E60 M5 are not mutually exclusive and are wonderful in very different ways. BMW truly went in a different direction when they designed the E60. The E39 is IMHO the true M5 or represents what most people think of as the "BMW Beast"....

How do you mean they went a diff direction?

High revving n/a engine in a terrific balanced chassis. BMW didn't screw with that until the f10.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
301 Posts
I didn't know it was April first! Lol.

·
Registered
975 Posts
wtf?!?

here's a better thread - Would you trade your $100 for $10?

Reactions: The Engineer

·
Registered
386 Posts
No, I would not...but if I find the right trade in for a Turbo 911 or a Viper.....I might get rid of the E60 M5. Just my personal thing. I did come from a Porsche 996 to the M5. Always wanted a Viper though. GTS.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
The E39 is a very different kind of car. Power everywhere type of feel. But doesn't get that rush up top like the E60. The E60 feels robust but not exactly powerful until you start winding it out. Above 6K it feels unstoppable.

I've only driven an E39 once (and ridden in one a couple other times). My conclusion is that they are very different cars and the same person might love one and hate the other.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

I respectfully disagree. Since the E28/E34 M5 's came out with the both having high revving engines, EDC dampers were introduced into the E34 3.8 models. I think BMW tried something different with the E39 M5, but came back round full circle to high revving, EDC and even a Touring version with the E61. I really don't think the E39 is the definitive M5, if anything that accolade should go to the E60 or E34. Just my humble opinion.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts