BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I simply love the M6, but as a car addict...the thought of the DB9 has crossed my mind...

Would you take the DB9 over the M6?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
DBS

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I have traded my M5 for a DB9.
Worst mistake,horrible resale,no real satisfaction in driving that thing,felt like driving a "chick car".
If I still had it I would trade it for M6,no doubt....

·
Registered
362 Posts
AM is one of the few cars I might choose over M6 for a daily driver.
For a daily driver?!

I don't think I can stand the uncomfortable AM more than an hour.

Cheers,

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had a 650i steptronic for over two years. Time for a change. Considered the M6 coupe and the Aston Martin DB9 coupe. Drove the latter for a day. The only good things about the DB9 coupe were: nice styling, but not striking styling like the E63, and the V12's loud exhaust, quite raw but not as "cultured" or special exhaust as the M6's V10.

There is NO WAY, PERIOD, the Aston DB9 is a technically better car than the M6. The Aston dealer lent me an MY06 DB9 to test drive. It did not even have a BMW fob equivalent; just a regular key, and only MY08 or MY09 do have the Aston fob - they call it the Emotional Control Unit (ECU). There are many cheap aspects in the DB9 interior. The console is beautiful but not as functional as the modern BMW iDrive concept. The DB9's navigation and control are rubbish. The DB9's user interface controls in general are also rubbish. The side view mirrors look like a $1 plastic junk. Our M6 has beautiful oval shapes and LED lights underneath. The M6 seats are way superior. Our electronic creature comforts and features are way ahead of the DB9. Our V10 is world class leading edge; the DB9's V12 is two Ford V6's put together - they won't admit it.

In short, the DB9 has only two very good things about it: it's nice styling and branding. That's all. As for performance dynamics and fun factor, you know car which is surely better ...

Oh, and I forgot to mention the BMW customer support and infrastructure. Aston Martin has almost none but a lot of PR marketing BS.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I agree on all comments regarding the DB9. However I have sat in and driven the DBS and sorry to say, Yes, I would trade an M6 for the DBS. All of the little issues you mentioned in the DB9 are simply not there in the DBS. There is one small short fall that I have heard AM is working on and that is the center armrest. Its....stupid....I have no idea who designed this, but they should be fired. I have no way of describing it except for is a an engineering oversight.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I agree on all comments regarding the DB9. However I have sat in and driven the DBS and sorry to say, Yes, I would trade an M6 for the DBS. All of the little issues you mentioned in the DB9 are simply not there in the DBS. There is one small short fall that I have heard AM is working on and that is the center armrest. Its....stupid....I have no idea who designed this, but they should be fired. I have no way of describing it except for is a an engineering oversight.
DBS is a different story ,agree here.
It is however in a totally different price bracket then the DB9.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
RPIpower
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing