BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This vehicle was hit on passenger side as the pictures show. It was repaired at Auto Mark (certified bmw shop) in Farmington, Michigan. What would be the max you would pay for this vehicle. $30K?

It has HUD, comfort access, and active seats.

The hood was not damaged it is just opened, however the pillar was replaced.

My budget for an 06 is the upper 30's. I am leaning towards purchasing a member's car but wanted to get you guys opinion.

Here is a link of the repaired vehicle: Vehicle Photo: 2006 BMW M5

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
If it is repaired properly and discounted for diminished value go for it. The way to check this type of repair is a leak test and wind noise test. The leak test can be done with a pressure washer and the wind test at highway speeds. Have the repair shop guarantee the repair work in writing on top of that. Also check that the interior trim pieces have no stress marks especially at the sills and pillar.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Beautiful car. Its a personal preference. I wouldn't buy the car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Uhh 30k seems way too high for this car. I picked my 06 up with 33k miles on it for 38k and had no accidents. It would have to be significantly less than 30k for me to consider it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
should not be more than 23K cuz for 10 g's more you can have an accident free one...

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wouldn't buy it either. The biggest concern you need to look out for is any SMG issues. These were prevalent on 06 models. You will be taking a risk buying an M5 for 30k, especially one that has been in a major wreck. You get what you pay for.....

You definitely need some type of extended warranty with whatever choice you make. Since you are in Charlotte I just bought a hendrick autoguard that is the exact same as the BMW platinum extended warranty for 3880.00

Sorry if I got off topic.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great Advice Guys! i decided to pass on it.......can you believe he wouldn't budge under 35K! He said he had two offers for that amount. So the search continues...................

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I wouldn't buy it...get one with no accident history, maybe slightly higher mileage, and an aftermarket warranty for somewhere in the mid to high $30k range.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would pass on it as well. 35k is way to much for that car. I got my 06 with 26,000 miles for 39K with clean carfax & autocheck. Good
luck with your search.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Just continue to shop for a unwrecked car. I would not buy it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looking at the carfax on that car it appears that after the accident and repair he has only driven the car approximately 500-700 miles and is now selling it. Bad sign if you ask me. I would be much more likely to buy one that had meen wrecked at 5k miles and then driven another 15k by the same owner. Just my opinion.

Reactions: flaury23

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
There are so many M5's available, unless you are getting a ridiculously great offer, why buy a damaged one?

Reactions: Hasan Shaikh

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I wouldn't buy it either not even if the price were in the 20's. You'll have a much better piece of mind of finding one that hasn't been in a accident, air bags haven't been deployed, etc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
airbags deployed would be a deal breaker for me, you'd never know for certain if the body shop installed the new airbags properly...

ps- my 06 indy red M5 is for sale, PM me if you are interested :)
Do you have any details. I can't PM yet as I dont have 45 posts...I think I am at like 32 posts...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts