BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that its on the immediate or even intermediate horizon, but i am planning on keeping the car a very long while all things well, and the final icing on the cake would be a nice shiny ESS kit.

Now, over here in the UK the kits are touted around the £10000 mark or so i believe. Looking on a site such as Brecus' , they offer the 550 kit for around $8500 give or take. Thats about £5250 which is a considerable - at first glance - saving. OK, import duty will add 20% to this which is another £1050 but thats still a total cost of £6300.

Too good to be true, because it does sound like?

I know i will have to fit this myself, not a problem, and also if i have issues it does mean correspondence with the USA as opposed to someone in the UK, but Brecus are a safe bet, and the extra potential hassle looks worth it if my figures are correct. After all there are plenty of users with the ESS fitted no problem, and so its a well developed kit that i am in all likelihood going to enjoy without hiccup.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well it is a Norweigian company and the kit costs ~6k€ in there. I'd just make a nice sumer trip there and have them install the kit or just get it in a van etc... And you end up dealing with the people who make the kit instead of a reseller.

If I had the extra money I'd love to make that trip myself but I'd end up sleeping in a tent after my wife found out about it :hihi:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts